Any Mccormack DNA 1 and Dna 0.5 owners?

Thanks guys. I do it in days that I can use the machinery lol.  They are so easy to knock out as anyone who does wood can attest to. This is a ribboned Sapelli that I love using.  Can’t see the beautiful figuring and chatoyancy if the wood with the amps over them, but I know they are there lol

That’s the beauty of woodworking... you get to see the beauty of the wood 1st whether or not you display it. Along those lines I love how Richard matches his veneers... wood is just fun.

Nice shop CT I hope you get in there frequently, I taught myself to use hand tool so I could have my children read to me when they were young and I think it adds to the fun of wood. i bet i’m the slowest woodworker on the planet  but I do it for pleasure.

Yes.  Al grew up in a cabinet shop.  He's about 15 years older, but acts younger.  He still hikes the Grand Canyon, lol.  We hang out and end up with beautiful furniture. That's a carved spoon I did in a class at Boston's famed North Bennett Street School.  First veneer project. First Kamiko screen and box.  Rack for my Japanese knife collection (I cook).  Dining table and chairs.  

11EAAA8F-9111-4DA3-A80F-8835A3333124.jpeg

24C8BE2C-1A08-4217-BABF-71FB77145BED.jpeg

3D7BA1C6-1E5B-48BE-BAE0-CAD1448874EB.jpeg

00885BAE-E0EC-463B-BF3E-237A9C63B660.jpeg

A58B3D15-E1C9-4B30-B5FE-34FCEAB20DC1.jpeg

41D2317A-F860-4459-9CF5-146DC187C929.jpeg

• Like 2

Those Japanese knives look like Samurai swords and I wouldn’t have guessed that they were cooking knives if you hadn’t clarified.. I was going to ask you if you lived in a bad neighborhood or if you frequently got uninvited visitors  ..😂😂

Beautiful stuff…

• Like 1

The long one is a Wa- Yanagi (Wa means the traditional handle).  The wider one is the Gyuto (Chefs knife) and the shorter one is a Petty (all purpose slicer and the rectangular one is a specific one for cutting dikon and veggies (Usuba).  I'm going to make my next stand out of Purple Heart (RV and Nathan I believe make a stunning Purple Heart veneer).  

System update, It is hard to point to just one upgrade because I made so many changes at once, but my Treos sound amazing. You genuinely get the impression that the music is being performed in the room,  intimate is the word that comes to mind, but it’s more than that. This effect is not just at the sweet spot, off axis seating sounds amazing too. Subtle details were more… just more, bass is tighter, mids are fluid, detail is spot on I am very pleased. I think the biggest influence is coming from the amp (McCormack DNA-1) synergy with the Treos.

I added the upgraded DNA-1, ESP Reference power cables, Robin Hood Zero and Bass cables, and Audio Envy interconnect between pre and PA. First was  Rogue Magnum III (PA tubes removed using it as a Preamp). I have a auditioned a VTL 2.5 it sounded good. but not as good as the Rogue (must be the NOS tube I'm running. Now I have a McCormack TLC-1 on deck  in the preamp spot. I am so loving my system now! I will be trying the Mimas as both a pre and an integrated next week

The system is not pretty just yet, I am making a rack for the equipment and the above  platform for the amp.. I better hurry up before the wife evicts me.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 6:51 PM, TomicTime said:

lovely woodwork Pete. Sorry to hear the shop go but safety is big and you know when it is time..

We need a line on some Myrtle…the Ayre and I believe derivative Cardas blocks are made out of that….

interest ..?

Thanks so much.  Yes it's time.  I can probably source some myrtle.  It's not easy to find.  I like the Ayre logo better than Cardas and the price was right ;).  ha....

Back to the McCormick thread, lol. 

• Like 1