What are you using and which speakers?

6 hours ago, Eric Neff said:

I am looking forward to hearing Ralph's new Class D amp as well.

In addition to the Ayre monoblocks and KXR, I own Ralph's MA-1's and MP-1. -Tubes for the winter, SS for the summer.😉

And, knowing that Ralph has a great ear, I know anything he releases will be something good. But, given how long it is taking, I think there might be some issues that he is still working out.

B

1 minute ago, Eric Neff said:

I do not know if he sold them or decided to move directly to the next version and not sell version 1. I gathered there were not many made of the first version.

I just looked at the website, and one of the 'Feedback' posts mentions the 1st Gen Class D.- Though no mention on the product list.

B

1 hour ago, GdnrBob said:

Oh dear, I'm feeling a bit old- especially after yesterdays diagnosis of an arthritic knee.

But, still alive, though 'not kicking'.

B

I was bleeding the brakes on a truck yesterday, and getting up off the concrete had me feeling like a my back was made up of a bunch of knees. 

45 minutes ago, Tomstruck said:

I had my hip replaced luckily titanium doesn't  get arthritis 

Replacement was one of the proffered treatments, but thankfully my knee isn't that bad, yet.

I'll take cortizone for the working months, and wait until it becomes something I can't put up with.

Though, it is a comfort to know that it can be addressed in the future.

B

I’m enjoying this thread.  Dudes talking about body ailments. My birth year was 1966.  Do I qualify for this club🤣?  

Anyway, I look forward to Jim’s report on the vintage Mac.  Not to take it in a different direction, but is there a general consensus on modern McIntosh gear and if it pairs well with Vandersteens?  One amp I’m considering to power my Quattros is the MC312. Any insights?  I’m also starting ton consider if the Vandersteen M5s might be something I could rationalize. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCH said:

I’m enjoying this thread.  Dudes talking about body ailments. My birth year was 1966.  Do I qualify for this club🤣?  

There is a wait list, but you’re on it... 😗

One does not want to get to the pearly gates, or the be reincarnated as a dog, without living a full life.

David - we need ya in the club ! Somebody healthy enough to go for help !

The modified MC240 is full of exotic parts that Mac, modern Mac does not necessarily believe in.. Also Mac has in all it’s many years never built a better output transformer than the 240.  Having said that there are some notable Vandy dealers that carry Mc and get very pleasing sound. I had a MC202 with my 3A- Signature for many happy years.

6445D163-DEA2-409E-806F-C553944AE7E8.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GdnrBob said:

I just looked at the M5 price, and I might just take the leap.

Do they need to be on the floor? I currently use some Sound Anchor Platforms that house the amps and Sub 3's. Though I also use Townshend isolation for the sub.

Bob

The M5-HPA comes with HRS feet which have springs.  They are designed to be on the floor, on a piece of granite or in a rack with no suspension.  Best to keep the speaker wire as short as practical.

RV

• Like 1