Perfect Vinyl Forever -

Pilrem

OK i pushed go on the 16 disc, 3.0 process, USPS level shipping w $400 insurance. You can upgrade for more and faster if desired. Online order easy as cake !

$11 per record. I have a nitty gritty and while i lust after a Degritter, i am going to try this…..

will report on findings..

Jim

I built my own ultra sonic cleaner before I had to sell all my analog off (and Jim got the Basis TT).  It worked so great, but there is still so much more that needs to get done that no one type of cleaning can take care of.  I know Jon Spelt swears by this too and I take his recommendation in the highest regard too.  Wish I could do analog so badly, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i got my 16 back recently also after about a two week turn time including media mail shipping. I have system torn apart due to remodeling but hope to get a listen in mid week. I also sent a mix of minty and rescue vinyil, hopefully for the best.

Will report as i learn and listen…

Jim

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We all want clean records for two reasons; 1) less noise and 2) better sonics.  In my experience with ultrasonic cleaning (and I do believe PFV's process is at the top of the heap), about 80% of the improvements are in the latter.  There is some reduction in surface noise; but unfortunately, I think most of that noise is due to surface damage and / or pressing shortcomings. 

But, with every batch of records I've had cleaned by Steve at PVF, the sonic improvements were immediately noticeable; greater detail, separation and dynamics.  And many of these records were already cleaned on my VPI Cyclone.  

Play on  

Edited by Steve Edwards

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Friday, All! Thanks for the feedback. It is great to see you guys share notes regarding your observed outcomes of our Archival 3.0 process. I concur with consensus, our cleaning process won't repair scratched records. A scratch is the physical removal of vinyl material from the playing surface of the record. Cleaning won't restore the missing material. Although some report the sonic artifact has been softened a bit. That can happen when the scratch has deposited some vinyl fragments in the groove of the record. I don't want to revisit the whole "hanging chad" conversation but that is a pretty good analogy.

What you may have noticed is the music can rise above the remaining surface noise. In many instances, older records with significant wear can sound better to the point of being enjoyable once again.

But there are those lost causes that should be retired. Didn't one of you send in a K-Tel "Silly Songs" that, based on the condition of the record, you likely had from a very, very young age? There wasn't much hope for that one!

IIRC, you all sent in records in a variety of existing conditions. Now, you have good insight of what our Archical 3.0 process can do, and what it can't overcome.

I look forward to serving you in the future.

-Steve Evans | Founder | Perfect Vinyl Forever, LLC

www.perfectvinylforever.com

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Edwards said:

Holmz, which one did you go with?

I went with the https://www.cleanervinyl.com/ for the rotisserie parts, and ordered the three frequency ultrasonic cleaner that looks the same as their’s direct out of China. Which was cheaper, 230v, and less shipping.
We were packing and flew out before I had a chance to get it set up, but I was awaiting a TT belt, scale for tracking force, etc… anyhow, so iIt awaits.

I am headed back in a month, so I’ll get cranking with it then. (Probably should stop by the local photoshop and get the surfactant here.)

Ideally I would do that cleaning work here, as we have dehumidifiers running pretty often, so I get a couple of gallons of “distilled” water per day 😃

(I just saw that there is now a company here doing similar work where one sends the vinyl out to them…)

I am open to coaching if anyone has pointers.

Edited by Holmz