SUB THREE (Pair) - Ordered

Schuesmp

On 4/27/2023 at 1:06 AM, Schuesmp said:

With my phase cancellation issue rectified, I really appreciate the SUB THREE. Like with my Quatro Wood CT in a different system, the 11-band room EQ incorporated in the SUB THREE is very effective. I enjoy listening to music more with the single SUB THREE in play than I did with two competent and more expensive REL subwoofers. Naturally, the pair of REL subwoofers produce more bass, but the single SUB THREE produces better bass in my listening environment. This is what I sought.

We would “kinda have ta” agree on what is “better bass”.
There are a lot of slow, muddy, fast , tight descriptors that people use, that imply/infer that the mass of sub and the cone are primarily responsible…

A bandpass box is better in just about every way when looking at frequency domain plots, and Bose widely takes advantage of their superior efficiency.
Unfortunately I like Bose as much as the next guy, and find the facts that time domain and transient response matter to be  a bit of an inconvenient truth.

Largely it seems like there is race to bottom, and usually MORE bass beats better base in marketing.
And the bass is better for some engineering primary reasons… which no (or few) other budget options use,
And hence there a lot of distance separating the field.

@schuesmp you did well. 
I am afraid to even seek out listening to better bass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1