Granite Bases

10 hours ago, ctsooner said:

Cool. I had a good friend in Perth too and we are still in touch. Sorry, you got me back to my ship steaming days Randall. Loved  Perth   Are there many high end shops there?  Record stores?

There are a couple of trendy hipster coffee and record shops, and some used places.
I was at a used record place in Freo, and got some boots (dress shoes) across the street.
They had the Dame Edna LP there, and I was talking with a fellow who has a B&O that was the one featured on the book.
We went to Northbridge and stopped in a bookstore where I got the book, and a lot of book store are carrying LPs now.

Down in Albany there are at least 2 places with used LPs.
Yesterday was ANZAC day, and Albany is where the WWI ANZACs left from.
Which takes us back to the Waif “Bridal Train”.. The National AMZAC centre is here on Mt. Clarence.
We missed the dawn service, but saw some of the happenings at Gallipoli and France on the tele later.

There is one high end shop in Subiaco, and a turntable doctor somewhere north of Freo.
The shop is called Audio Addiction, and carries Naim, Focal, Lyngdorf, SMSL, etc.
I think there are a few others, but no Vandy dealers here. There is a local fellow making some speakers that sound pretty good.

I regularly get LPs posted from Rough Trade, Blue Note and a few others.
I sort of need to get a wriggle on with the TT and talked to Donna at SOTA an hour ago.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older thread.  Just wanted to add a third option.  Several different companies make footers or platforms to address the issue of speakers on floating floors.  I have had success with my Quatro Woods and the Townshend Seismic Platforms.  You can control tilt and still get them dialed in.  More expensive than granite but probably more effective at decoupling the speaker from the floating floor.

• Like 1