Nice to see this forum.  Here is my new listening room in the old house we just bought.   Vandersteen 5A leading the way. 

More photos to come.

BD0A8E02-6958-423B-BFB3-F66B809C380E.jpeg

1EE64A08-7373-4041-9D63-4B5E308F79AF.jpeg

• Like 1

I do love that double TT set up, lol.  

Guys, Richard's veneer guy does as good a job as any company I've seen, including many of the companies who 'send them out'.  As a woodworker, I always love what people chose.  The irony is that I had mine painted, lol,.  I don't regret it at all as they are stunning, but there are so many cool veneers you can chose from.  Heck the Purple Heart would be stunning.

Whoa! Guess this makes me an adoptive parent.... yes, purchased from Alan. I live in Alabama.  He and I are long time friends via his shop.  Did I see your system with a set of 7’s?    Wondering how those compare, although new prices are, well, challenging 😊.

I'm loving this forum.  Great posters.  Enjoying seeing everyone's systems.  Once I get mine set up with the new components and cables/cords, I'll try to get pics up too.  :). Thanks all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goheelz said:

Whoa! Guess this makes me an adoptive parent.... yes, purchased from Alan. I live in Alabama.  He and I are long time friends via his shop.  Did I see your system with a set of 7’s?    Wondering how those compare, although new prices are, well, challenging 😊.

Yes !!! I am sooooo happy to know where they landed. Glad you are enjoying them. I got them from Randy Cooley of Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica - they were his personal pair.  i met Alan amp and dac shopping when we lived in Charleston. Alan took the 5a in trade for 7 mk II about 4 years later.... Enjoy them in great health, looks like you have a fantastic system and a great room - they should sing !

Jim

5533E0CF-AA42-4663-844C-4CDAE5777FA5.jpeg

• Like 2

I've talked to him and sent him a bunch of customers over the years, but every time I'm in Atlanta, I haven't been able to cut lose to go visit.  I really want to.