Brian’s 2CE Sig/1C system

Very modest system compared to some here, but put together in a fairly short period of time (about 2 years now) after deciding to get serious about music once again....and over the past year/year and a half, vinyl again. The 2CE Sigs are separated to my dedicated 2 channel set-up, but do have 1C’s as rears when in HT mode (via a separate AV receiver, but the 2CE’s are the mains  ‘passed thru’ my simple Parasound 2 channel preamp); not as critical about HT, but it is a dual purpose room. Funny, I started my Vandersteen journey with the 1C’s, and literally within a two month period, purchased the 2CE Sigs. The 1C’s then got regulated to rear channel duty, but great for a back-up in case of emergency or repair to the 2C’s. Some may be able to pick-out the rest of the equipment. My newest prized possession; my Hagerman Trumpet tube phono stage. Amazed how good this sounds right now, and quite smitten with all things Vandersteen now. Really, getting the 1C’s started me on my re-journey, as I was immediately captivated by their sound, timbre, natural sound qualities, etc.

BFD96E80-096A-4A8D-80E5-D6BD69F4CA16.jpeg

8D253A9A-7730-4CAA-BE58-E3709D64CAA5.jpeg

DEB99760-22E8-4E02-8AE4-D1E7513860A0.jpeg

55E44DB2-D368-4880-8FCD-4F040B2A0F39.jpeg

• Like 3

Thank Bob, that’s a Zerostat ‘gun’ to get rid of static on vinyl. Can’t wait for spring to get closer, and put my humidifier away for the year.

It’s interesting about those diffusion tiles. They are not made for that purpose, but work pretty well. It made quite  a difference getting diffusion between the speakers; the soundstage and imaging was improved, and not getting ‘sucked into’ the fireplace opening.

45 minutes ago, bkeske said:

Thank Bob, that’s a Zerostat ‘gun’ to get rid of static on vinyl. 

Thank god... for a moment I thought that was a deterrent to obnoxious guests from putting their drinks next to the turntable or even worse...speaking while you are in a listening session 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Thank god... for a moment I thought that was a deterrent to obnoxious guests from putting their drinks next to the turntable or even worse...speaking while you are in a listening session 🤣🤣🤣

Mmmm.....might have to think through this more 😁

17 hours ago, stratocaster said:

13 hours ago, grue2cesig2 said:

nice setup!  do you ever listen to vinyl? hahaha

could also be used for that purpose!

Brian - looking great Dude

Thanks for sharing.  Great set up. Thoughtful.  I too am a huge Sota fan.  I love all their tables.  Heard them teh first time when I met Richard for the first time in 83 I. belive it was.  It had teh vacuum on it.  It was with the 2's as that's all he had back them. Roberson amp was what I was using at the time.  Later went with the Moscode later on.  Liked Roberson better..