Tube Single Ended for vandersteen 2Ce Signature II

I'm thinking of a kit with 300B or 2a3 valves for my Vandys 2CE Signature II.
Does anyone in the group advise anyone in particular?
Are 86 db enough?

At the moment I have Pre "Conrad Johnson PV10A" and "Audioinnovations 1000 MK III"
On 4/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, tomaneporto said:
I'm thinking of a kit with 300B or 2a3 valves for my Vandys 2CE Signature II.
Does anyone in the group advise anyone in particular?
Are 86 db enough?

At the moment I have Pre "Conrad Johnson PV10A" and "Audioinnovations 1000 MK III"

Not sure I understand the question.  86 Db is the speakers sensitivity. Many run lower powered amps and love the sound. It depends on the current the amp provides as well as the room end how loudly you listen.  

My first pair of Vandy's came from a shop in Huntington Beach, CA (along with my LP12 and my PSE Studio V amps).  Steve Huntley, who had been the service manager at Audio Research, was an occasional employee.  Though I've never had any experience with them, he was a huge fan of Atma-Sphere amps and continually recommended them.  At that time (mid 80's), they offered DIY kits, as well as fully assembled units.

well.....that is a tough question but in general the 300B tube is capable of about 8 watts as i recall.....so unless you are listening at pretty low levels in a small space, i would strongly advise against that.  I have heard Model 2 sing with as few as 40 wpc ( Mac 240 ) and of course a super popular tube amp designed and “ voiced “ on the Two is the Music Reference RM-9 of 100 wpc.