Vandersteen 3A Signatures

@ctsooner

It was a piece of cake. If I recall correctly. Also, your son helped, too. 

I would get the Quatro's, but the added depth from the integrated subs make it a super tight fit, as there is a Steinway B just behind the speakers, and my partner has to squeeze in  there to play when he's in the mood.

Bob

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

@ctsooner

It was a piece of cake. If I recall correctly. Also, your son helped, too. 

I would get the Quatro's, but the added depth from the integrated subs make it a super tight fit, as there is a Steinway B just behind the speakers, and my partner has to squeeze in  there to play when he's in the mood.

Bob

I forgot that Matt was there.  He's pretty strong too, lol.  That's too funny Bob.  Is he into audio like you are or does he just enjoy the music at times the way my wife does?

I would like to see a pure appearance upgrade for the sig-3a.  Wrap the bottom with veneer, make the current bottom veneer strip flat black.  Cut the posts off the top half and replace it with a designed cap to cover the drivers.  Kind of like the 5s.  Maybe even offer it as a kit.

If you did all of that, it would take away from the design and not sound as good.  The reason he went with the Treo, Quatro on up was for offering a full cabinet without the sock. Even the original Quatro had a sock on them.  By adding cabinet work to the 3's it would put them squarely in the price range of the Treo which is a much better speaker overall.  Richard is thrifty and going the sock route is able to keep the costs down greatly.  JMHO