adding 2Wq to 2Ce Sig iii’s in a NAIM system

I have a full NAIM rig, 282 pre with 250DR amp with outboard power supplies.  Two channel stereo listener only.  Never had a sub, but one has come up for sale locally, but not sure how I would put the crossover between the pre and amp, since NAIM uses proprietary cabling.  And the crossover that comes with this sub is just the initial temporary one.  Rookie questions, how do I figure out what crossover I need for my NAIM system, and is the crossover a must?  Thanks in advance…Jd

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JD in CA said:

I have a full NAIM rig, 282 pre with 250DR amp with outboard power supplies.  Two channel stereo listener only.  Never had a sub, but one has come up for sale locally, but not sure how I would put the crossover between the pre and amp, since NAIM uses proprietary cabling.  And the crossover that comes with this sub is just the initial temporary one.  Rookie questions, how do I figure out what crossover I need for my NAIM system, and is the crossover a must?  Thanks in advance…Jd

This can be done but is unusual.  Contact Rick at 970-221-1494 he can give details and order what you need.

RV

waitttttttt…… im JD in California… with a NAIM…..

Hopefully this project works for you, the essence of it will be understanding if the DIN used by NAIM is balanced or SE and what the input impedance is of the power amp.

A fun and worthwhile project…imo

Jim D…. sometimes in California too

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 7:32 PM, TomicTime said:

waitttttttt…… im JD in California… with a NAIM…..

Hopefully this project works for you, the essence of it will be understanding if the DIN used by NAIM is balanced or SE and what the input impedance is of the power amp.

A fun and worthwhile project…imo

Jim D…. sometimes in California too

U da man!  Did I do that correctly