A Treo Surprise

bkeske

20 hours ago, TomicTime said:

Treo Apple Sauce…

I am assuming that ^that^ (TAS) is an apple Island reference to Tasmania (TAS). (Very well done Sir!)

However I am going to doggedly continue believing many 2Cs are adequate for my needs:

F8C475EA-B0A6-4717-8BFB-E1444E818BFF.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, bkeske said:

Yea, love my clock, even though it makes noise (gasp), but it’s comforting.  Have a nicer older one, but it decided to quit on me, so bought another newer/cheaper one. I have to get the old New Haven clock fixed. Looks similar, but much nicer overall.

No, not 2wq’s but pretty inexpensive subs I’ve had for a while. Hooked up ‘stereo’ straight out of my (ancient) Belles 400A amp on the floor. So, I have them adjusted to be a ‘musical’ as possible, and adds just a little help to the lowest end. But who knows, I’ve always been smitten with Vandy subs, so….

Yep, those boxes hold my CD’s, good guess. 

👍🏼

Congrats bkeske!

You mentioned you were interested in upgrading from your 2CE Sigs.

Back in the day Curtis Havens at Advanced Audio played a demonstration for me. I remember hearing the Vandersteen sub paired with a set of 2Ce's. That's when I discovered that (besides gaining more bass octaves) the sub properly setup will free up more air and further solidify the imaging detail from full range speakers like the model 2s. Changed my mind about home audio subs.  Prior to that I had only heard subs with small satellite stereo speakers and Home Theater setups.

I heard the Treos many years ago. I preferred the Quatros because of the difference in bass. In my smaller living room I don't really have the real estate for a sub. But if I were to look at Treos I would want a sub to pair with (along with a bigger living room) . It doesn't surprise me you have yours paired with subs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boom Boom said:

Congrats bkeske!

You mentioned you were interested in upgrading from your 2CE Sigs.

Back in the day Curtis Havens at Advanced Audio played a demonstration for me. I remember hearing the Vandersteen sub paired with a set of 2Ce's. That's when I discovered that (besides gaining more bass octaves) the sub properly setup will free up more air and further solidify the imaging detail from full range speakers like the model 2s. Changed my mind about home audio subs.  Prior to that I had only heard subs with small satellite stereo speakers and Home Theater setups.

I heard the Treos many years ago. I preferred the Quatros because of the difference in bass. In my smaller living room I don't really have the real estate for a sub. But if I were to look at Treos I would want a sub to pair with (along with a bigger living room) . It doesn't surprise me you have yours paired with subs. 

Thanks Boom. I really was leaning  towards  the Sig III’s, (as you may have guessed per your reports),  but then these became available, for less. So, I had to jump on them. Not disappointed in the least, enjoying them a lot. The Treo’s are very special in their own right.

• Like 1