Gotham's Quatro Rig

3 hours ago, TomicTime said:

No, the fire is below both Wild Blue and WEL  I think it’s rough to equivalent to Niagara…..in my reference system, i compared the two and they are so close as to be equal….

That makes sense.  I was speaking with someone at AQ about where the Fire stands and he said that it's crazy good for the price range it plays in.  I had Niagara when it first came out and really liked it.  I am not running to buy the newest AQ interconnects as the Fire is that good.  I'd have to get a fair price for it, for me to make a move.  I"m saving for a preamp right now.  Waiting on a special one, but if I found a great value on one that I could resell and not lost anything, I'd go that route as my system really needs a pre. lol..Sorry to take the thread all over the place, lol. 

• Like 1

it was done to reduce costs. Similar to what he does with the 2, 3 and formerly 4's.  When he went to the cabinets with wood or auto paint finishes, he was able to make not just a stunning speaker, but ones that also sounded better as he had to charge much more.  It's worked for all of us and the new 2's are just outstanding for the cost.  Good business model I think.

On 5/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, ctsooner said:

That makes sense.  I was speaking with someone at AQ about where the Fire stands and he said that it's crazy good for the price range it plays in.  I had Niagara when it first came out and really liked it.  I am not running to buy the newest AQ interconnects as the Fire is that good.  I'd have to get a fair price for it, for me to make a move.  I"m saving for a preamp right now.  Waiting on a special one, but if I found a great value on one that I could resell and not lost anything, I'd go that route as my system really needs a pre. lol..Sorry to take the thread all over the place, lol. 

The Fires are really the sweet spot I think. The new AQ cables are just silly expensive. (For me that is)

2 hours ago, Gotham said:

The Fires are really the sweet spot I think. The new AQ cables are just silly expensive. (For me that is)

I agree, but after listening to them, I had to accept that they did, indeed, provide a significant improvement in sound reproduction. I ended up buying used.

Though if I could afford it, I would have gotten them from my dealer John Rutan. Especially, since he introduced them to me.

B

• Like 1