Steve Edwards

Any Joni fans among us?

Its release in October of 1982 was quite a departure from her previous work, setting some of her dedicated fans asking "what?"  I'm a big fan of her, and I might go so far as to label this my favorite record.  This is the ORG, double 45rpm version.  I think it's out of print; maybe still available on some of the sites.  For me, in the spirit of Fremer ............ MUSIC: 11  -  SOUND: 11.

It's just a terrifically transparent,  dynamic recoding.  And what a line up of musicians.

IMG_2706.jpg

Great share.  Thanks as always. I have been streaming most of the music you guys have been sharing (all afternoon).  Great stuff.

I Love Joni, and all her music.  Miles of Aisles is a wonderful live recording.  Sooooo many great ones though.  

There are so many.  For a late night, lights-down-low meditative departure, I like Paprika Plains from her Don Juan's Reckless Daughter record  ............ very dreamy yet engaging

ct, did you get your DAC back with the modified volume control?

My PSE mono amps have been in the shop for almost three weeks now; failed capacitors.  It's really tough seeing my Quatros sit in silence for so long  😩

Not yet.  I'm hoping this week.  They didn't realize they needed a motorized QUAD volume control as I run fully balanced.  He thought he could do single ended and I said no.  We hope it comes in sometime this week.  Teh rest of the unit is ready to go.  They just got a special tube for the DAC portion late last week and he's been burning it in for me since so only the volume control will need burning in, which shouldn't be that bad.  

Really missing my music though.  It's great that they keep making major upgrades, including hardware, but I hate being without the unit for weeks.  Teh next hardware upgrade will be in a few months. They are making it a two box unit that will be milled out of solid blocks.  I can't wait to hear that upgrade as they are huge on cleaning up the power when it comes into the unit etc...  They have many separate LPS's in to run the different parts of the unit as it's a three in one.  Teh best part is that th DAC and server are hard wired and on top of each other with uber short runs of wire.  Same with the volume.  We also did Supercap upgrades and naked Vishay resistors which make a huge difference as you all know.