Question on speaker setup

So I was just wondering if you need a higher guage speaker wire if you are running a bi wire setup with model2se and a 2wq. From my understanding the 2wq kind of takes away the amp draw of the low end because the speakers have a 80hz filter and the 2wq is driving the low frequencies. The reason i ask is i am running an experiment with 14ga bi wire and am curious if there are any benefits to running 2 sets of 14 ga per polarity. I always find wire technology interesting so i am curious as to everyones thoughts 

3 hours ago, Paul S. said:

Sorry I don't know why this posted twice. 

Bi posting a Bi wire… 😁

Do you mean going a double/double, with double wide onto the upper and double wide onto the lower terminals?
It seems a “double/double” of wires would add at least double inductance or capacitance, and be better as just going 12ga.

Or am I off base, and misinterpreting it?

Yes. So right now experimenting with 2 runs of 14ga on the positive amp end splitting to a single 14ga on the positive high and low on the speaker side. {same with negative]. Looking at effects of running 4 runs of 14ga to positive amp side and 2 runs of 14 ga to positive on both high and low side. (same for negative). Curious as to sonic benefit from this as the amp really doesn't need the extra wire if it doesnt need to move the woofer in the model 2 below 80hz which should imply less current is needed to move that coil if my theory is correct. 

1 hour ago, Paul S. said:

… Curious as to sonic benefit from this as the amp really doesn't need the extra wire if it doesnt need to move the woofer in the model 2 below 80hz which should imply less current is needed to move that coil if my theory is correct

That is the theory, and maybe it existed before you found it.

Whether the low frequency current interacts with the higher frequency current is something that many swear to, and I recall some IMD type of measurement that showed it was measurable (somewhere I saw it, but cannot recall where.)

So I think that the bi wire gives less us current induced IMD, and the SubWoofer gives less current down low, more amp headroom, and less Doppler distortion from the woofer not stroking as far.

Adding in an extra set of cables (Pairing them up), would seem to be more nuanced, if at all noticeable… as the analogue sub crossover is doing a lot to roll off the low bass, the bi wire is doing something for IMD, and therefore there should not be a lot left to improve upon.

I would expect it to may actually be worse with extra (paired) wires, as we are adding capacitance… but I am not sure if it affecting inductance as that is in parallel, and the current in each wire is halved. But it might be rolling off the high notes only past the upper range of our hearing.

I’d try a different wire, rather than a pair… but you have pairs, so it easy to use what is on hand.

Thanks. Im sure im replicating what has been done and not creating any new technology here lol. If this works i may try to find a lower capacitance cable. The next thing to try is 4 wires twisted with 2 pair feeding both positive high and low. A seperate 4 wires doing the same thing on the negative. I think this is close to the audioquest design but they use solid and much better quality copper. I still don't understand how solid wire is better than stranded but that is a hot topic these days. I guess maybe because we use solid in our homes and the connections from amp to speaker are AC. 

Well how would one know if they are better or worse?

And I am not sure that the capacitance makes much of a difference to the sound. In an IC yes, but in a speaker cable (I dunno)?
I guess they must as something is changing the sound.