Southern hemisphere version of Jim…

Young mate called yesterday, and I attempted to channel some @TomicTime skillz.
He had a hum, and I mentioned it is almost always a ground loop.

He was thinking about returning the TT, but when he said it also present on the aux input… I told him, “We have some work to do.”

Shifting cords around do not do much, and everything was on the same power strip.

I told him, we might as well start switching some lights off. And he said he heard a pop!
And then that hum went away when the kitchen light was turned off…
My WT? Question was answered with, “The light is directly below the TT.”
(So I think it might have been more of a magnetic field effect.)

I think he is looking for a table/rack, and I suggested the side wall should be a good spot.
I have been suggest he sign up on the forum…

IMG_1819.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TomicTime said:

thanks so much for helping him Randall !!!!! love the system….. fellow Denon owner !,,,, i just got the single arm TT running again. 

Thanks Jim - I am doing my best, but like The Mad Max thunderdome job… or maybe it was Highlander…
“There can be only one.”

• Like 1

Good on ya ! the  world needs more helpers, especially with soul rewarding music… eh ?

more Denon progress today…. but its slow… since i sometimes approximate a turtle w two legs…. 

D51C28AE-23DF-4F4B-AC84-876F96882BDC.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TomicTime said:

Good on ya ! the  world needs more helpers, especially with soul rewarding music… eh ?

I suggested a 2 arm table for Jacob.
Then one could possibly set a second cart up to be able to play music backwards, and do both soul rewarding as well as soul sucking?

that Might be a Demon-deck, rather than a Denon-deck though.

• 2 months later...

I have a VPI Superscoutmaster tricked out......clearly it was running slow at times.   I thought it was the SDS motor controller....sent it to VPI who said it met factory spec.   I than took the platter off and cleaned the bearing et al with Hoppes #9 Gun Bore cleaner ( I use it to clean my gun barrels).   The turntable turns true...no deviation....

• Like 1