Hall vs Hall vs Hall

BKDad

17 hours ago, BKDad said:

No, this isn't an Antonio Prohias production.   Very interesting to compare these concert halls and to check out the recording technique.

Hall vs Hall vs Hall

I thought you were originally talking about the West Hartford school system (Hall high is in town rivals to my kids former HS (daughter is the competition cheer coach). 

what a difference in all of them. Fischer is more alive. I like caregivers and the. Geffen based on a quick listen on iPad and AirPods. I’m going to do the digital out on phone into my DAC to really hear 

Here’s the part that really got me about those hall recordings.

They were all made with a modest binaural microphone pair into something like an iPad.  That’s it.

Even with the compression that YouTube applies to audio, these recordings sound excellent.  Makes me wonder about a lot of the recording engineers and producers out there.

But, I’ve made annoying comments about this before:

Annoying Comment

Interesting to say the least. Pretty amazing, but I listen to two hours of music daily when I ride my elliptical. I use iPad or phone and AirPod + or whatever they are called. Sometimes I’ll use my Portable AK player and TOTL Empire Ear Odins when I care about sound. It’s all music in the end.