What are you listening to?

Oregon

@MusicForDave I listened to that Bruckner as well last week. It is very nice. But that Chua release is simply outstanding IMO. She reminds me a lot of Hilary Hahn with her technical abilities, and also providing emotion as needed. Need to listen to her other release.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Chloe Chua reference to Hahn @bkeske

@TomicTime  I'm listening to that Bruce Forman's album you told us about a while back as I get ready to see him tonight at The Rialto Theater, an old silent movie theater, in Loveland Co. He and Pat Bergeson will be playing the guitars of Barney Kessel and Chet Atkins. Below is a quote from the flier referencing Kessel & Atkins;

The two masters apparently never spent any time together...but by getting their guitars side by side, making music, Bruce and Pat are correcting that historical oversight."

It should be a very sweet evening

IMG_6942 2.jpeg

• Like 2

@TomicTime  The show was out of sight Jim!! The virtuosity of those two guitar players is amazing. They played off one another like they have been doing so all their lives. Precision timing, but very musical too; not just technical accomplishment. And Pat Bergeson is an amazing harp player to boot. 

Thanks so much for turning us on to Bruce. BTW, he teaches at USC and does shows around your California home.

Thanks Bruce - I need to go see him local for sure ! Glad the show beyond expectations ! The Joni box is  1976 - 1980 ; Hejira thru Shadows and Light.Absolutely love it.

Bruce made it to the alternative heatwave table w a token SS phono… nevertheless it sounds great ( imo )

0C91D77B-BD7B-48BE-A73F-4CC5A9F30C81.jpeg

F46FFE80-064B-4BCA-B0FF-D6DEF7CF19FC.jpeg

@Holmz both tables are based on Denon DP-75 DD with a split platter. The motors / platters / speed electronics  have been gone thru by Peter at PBN.

Arms are Ortofon 12, Updated Triplaner and a Dynavector DV -505.

The 2 arm table very importantly lives on HRS isolation base and Vortex couplers…

The factory plinth on the single arm TT lives on mag lev feet salvaged off a different project…

Next Summer i will bring the Brinkman North…. all in musical fun