Anyone running Dohmann TT?

I know Brinkman tables are popular here.
Has anyone heard a Dohmann?

The Nina Simone and Doug MacLeod sounded as good as I have heard anywhere.  

Mark makes it difficult to not like him.
I am sure it is possible in theory, but it would be one ‘ell of a challenge.

And he knows his way around SoCal.

Edited by Holmz

of course….  neighbor in Seattle with both a Dohmann w integral Minus K isolation and a Safir arm w Ortofon diamond…. his “ problem “ is ( imo ) and a Kuzma  Stabi R ( on a Minus K but not integral ), Kuzma 4 Point 9, Kuzma CAR-50 cartridge )…. easily runs w Dohmann at 50% or less $$$$$ …..  but let’s be frank - at this level…. differences are VERY subtle….

My neighbor is a dealer for all the above and more… like having audio crack house three doors down….

What you are discovering is the really great combinations are VERY musical. no matter the builder…. You might be shocked w better speed control on your sota….

While i’ve never met Mark, i would like too - everything i hear about him is always ++++++

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TomicTime said:

What you are discovering is the really great combinations are VERY musical. no matter the builder….

Maybe I should call the rehabilitated SOTA, a dough-boy?
I am getting excited to finish up the upgrade, which has extended to platter, bearing and some acrylic “mat”.

5 hours ago, TomicTime said:

You might be shocked w better speed control on your sota….

That reminds me I have the digitised Test LP recorded from the DAC, and I need to run some math on that.

Also an old work mate dropped off a1/2 dozen 45s of the Orlons in variety of “states of distress” months back.
They were 55-60 years old and I’ll give em a clean at some point.
However I digitised them with the idea of combining 3 of the same song on the different pressings to come up with the something that was, shall we say, the best out of the three.

The crux of the problem is in the speed and phase, and getting the three aligned so that they are all on the same “time scale”.

Ahh… and I remember now… I was sanding the study floor and painting the walls so I could get the desk in there, and set up the computer to do that is stuff.

• Like 1