2Wq Subwoofer setting question

Hi Folks,

I have a 2Wq subwoofer matched to my 2Ce speakers. In the directions for the 2Wq it says to set the sensitivity dial to the same sensitivity as the 2Ces, in which is 88db. When adjusting the sensitivity dial on the 2Wq subwoofer will going to 90 or higher make the subs volume go up or down? 🤔

Thanks

Bart

40 minutes ago, BartJY said:

Hi Folks,

I have a 2Wq subwoofer matched to my 2Ce speakers. In the directions for the 2Wq it says to set the sensitivity dial to the same sensitivity as the 2Ces, in which is 88db. When adjusting the sensitivity dial on the 2Wq subwoofer will going to 90 or higher make the subs volume go up or down? 🤔

Thanks

Bart

Bart, yes if you want more bass than is on the recording turn it up as much as you want.  These controls are very good sounding typically used to set bias or trim they are not designed to be used like tone controls as they will fail with repeated use.  Set using a good recording like Solar Energy and forget.  RV

Thanks for the response.

I've had it on 90db for years, but it's been for so long I couldn't remember if it increased or decreased the bass. I don't use it like a tone control, for me it's always been set and forget. Love your speakers. Thanks.

• Like 1