Help

Hey guys,

While setting up my new re-imagined HiFi, it has become obvious I have a cable management issue. What would you guys do so as to tidy things up, provide for future component rearrangement? Not interested in cable risers/Feng shui.

Thanks in advance,

Cody

Help 1.jpg

Help 2.jpg

Help 3.jpg

• Like 1

I use Velcro cable ties. This way you can rearrange easy. I tend to group the power cords together and/or in a parallel “clump”, then the low voltage signal cables together, then the high voltage/speaker cables. Deal with them in those 3 groups so as not to get overwhelmed and try to keep the 3 groups apart from one another. You can Velcro to the verticals of your rack, too, just separate the power cords on one side from the low voltage on the other.

Obviously a puritan would want to separate everything and be very cautions about parallel cables (ok to cross at 90s) but that isn’t always practical. I was trained by my home theater experience when I lived with a gigantic Middle Atlantic rack… big bundles of cables were inevitable. 

I use this for cable management. Extremely versatile from a reuse perspective. If I recall I had bought a pack of 12 for 30 bucks several years ago on ebay. They come in different sizes and only the largest size can accommodate audio cables.

image.jpg

Edited by stratocaster
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention that as a die hard mountain biker I have several of these left over from bikes that my son and I owned in the past. Mountain bikes today come with pre built chainstay protectors and hence I have used all of my old chainstay protectors in my HT and bedroom system. They are large enough for three-four ICs. It is a hack but beats throwing them in the trash..

https://www.amazon.com/Lizard-Skins-Neoprene-Chainstay-Protector/dp/B0186OOBFG/ref=asc_df_B0186OOBFG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312065280674&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5830462930016588244&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061189&hvtargid=pla-377914468468&psc=1&mcid=c5af66a3ae2535e9aefd1e54579f0689&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=62425943472&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312065280674&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5830462930016588244&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061189&hvtargid=pla-377914468468&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzKrrxqzjggMVLBmtBh2DegsPEAQYASABEgJLSfD_BwE

Edited by stratocaster

Are the cables wired into the equipment?
Or do they have a female IEC connection at the device side?

if it is an IEC, then just get some IEC ends and 110v male ends and make all the cables the right length without an extra cowboy lassos.

IMG_1572.jpeg

11 hours ago, Holmz said:

Are the cables wired into the equipment?
Or do they have a female IEC connection at the device side?

if it is an IEC, then just get some IEC ends and 110v male ends and make all the cables the right length without an extra cowboy lassos.

Unless you want  to make TWO usable, shorter cables from one, all you'll need to buy is ONE end per cable.

Some of us buy cables spec'd to the right length, but that can get expensive.

2023Jul30_DSC0609_LC powercords_1500w.jpg

Edited by jeffreybehr
  • Thanks 1