Shielded speaker cables for Vandersteen subs

I have a pair of 2Wq subs in my system right now and am looking at acquiring a couple more 2Wq subs in order to balance room modes.  Sub placements will require  laying  the speaker cables along the baseboards in fairly close proximity to AC power cords. Unlike the cables to my main speakers which deliver a full range higher current signal it is my understanding that the signal being sent to my 2Wq amp is more like a low current preamp signal that does not require much if any high frequency bandwidth. 
In most low level longer run audio signal applications where the signal runs through electrically noisy environments shielded cables are used. There are several cable companies in the pro audio marketplace that offer shielded speaker cable.  Some of this stuff is pretty low quality suitable only for use in PA systems but there are a few companies out there who use high grade materials to make their cables. 
1. I would like to know if anyone out there has tried  coaxial shielded speaker cable with their Vandersteen subs for runs of 20 ft or longer?  Have you compared it to any of the better known audiophile cables at your length?

2. Does anyone have a reason (electrical or sonic) for me to not consider OFC co ax speaker cable for my app?

Thanks

Anchorman

IMG_0127.jpeg

1 hour ago, Anchorman said:

I have a pair of 2Wq subs in my system right now and am looking at acquiring a couple more 2Wq subs in order to balance room modes.  Sub placements will require  laying  the speaker cables along the baseboards in fairly close proximity to AC power cords. Unlike the cables to my main speakers which deliver a full range higher current signal it is my understanding that the signal being sent to my 2Wq amp is more like a low current preamp signal that does not require much if any high frequency bandwidth. 
In most low level longer run audio signal applications where the signal runs through electrically noisy environments shielded cables are used. There are several cable companies in the pro audio marketplace that offer shielded speaker cable.  Some of this stuff is pretty low quality suitable only for use in PA systems but there are a few companies out there who use high grade materials to make their cables. 
1. I would like to know if anyone out there has tried  coaxial shielded speaker cable with their Vandersteen subs for runs of 20 ft or longer?  Have you compared it to any of the better known audiophile cables at your length?

2. Does anyone have a reason (electrical or sonic) for me to not consider OFC co ax speaker cable for my app?

Thanks

Anchorman

Anchorman, I would not use CO AX cable as their capacitance is quite high and the wire is parallel on the amplifiers output which could cause oscillations.  Use a twisted pair of wire like our sub cable to be safe.  RV

IMG_0127.jpeg

• Like 1