Hi-res lossless streaming

• 3 weeks later...

Revisiting this thread. It seems Apple Music Hi Res Lossless plays at 96 kHz, according to the display of my DAC, when running from the iPad. I have been checking out the hi-res lossless recordings and definitely notice a big improvement in sound quality coming out of the 2Ci's. This is the way of the future. 44.1 kHz is so 1990.

Edited by olds1959special
  • Like 1

Quboz and Tidal  are even better in my system and it’s not close. After market streamer should help even more. I often check out my DAP via its USB out and it’s crazy good. Don’t have to spend a to get great music nowadays. It helps, no doubt, but good sound is there for all. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ctsooner said:

Quboz and Tidal  are even better in my system and it’s not close. After market streamer should help even more. I often check out my DAP via its USB out and it’s crazy good. Don’t have to spend a to get great music nowadays. It helps, no doubt, but good sound is there for all. 

Indeed, Tidal is better since it can do 192 kHz / 24-bit. I just reactivated my Tidal account and am listening to Nina Simone at 192 kHz.