Phono cartridges. Anyone?

Posted (edited)

The moving coil cartridge adventure has been in full swing over here for over two decades.

During the 70's/80's. constantly changing equipment , cartridges were early on mostly Shure, discovered Empire, followed by the Micro Acoustics 2002. The MA was a FANTASTIC moving magnet cartridge. Looking back the MA was stupid close to sounding like a moving coil cart.

20yrs past I started gathering MC carts; some Adcom, Alpha Genesis 1000, Alpha Genesis 2000, Kiseki Purple Heart, Hana ML, Hana Red, Lyra Delos. A pic of the Kiseki failure included. Shame, as the cart sounded superior to any other I'd heard.

20240605_160057[1].jpg

Kiseki failure.jpg

Edited by Oregon
Ooops for the pic orientation...

Posted (edited)
  1. Can one of those services repair ^it^?
  2. Is there any values in using a brass screws to mount the cart to the headshell?

Edited by Holmz

I have a Purple Heart, Umami Red and Verismo. I really like the Umami Red for the  money.  The Purple Heart sounds pretty good too. The Verismo sounds good at medium volume but it doesn’t have the punch at higher volumes that the Umami Red does due to the 0.2mV output that my AR Ref 3SE doesn’t seem to like. 

I still want to get a Lyra MC.

Current arsenal is Koetsu - Urishi Black, Kuzma - CAR 40, Dynavector- 17D3, Signet - TK 9ea, Grace  / Soundsmith- F9 Ruby OCL. I recently thinned the herd of a Lyra Delos which is a wonderful $2K cartridge IMO.

To the OP seek out help from VAS to get your Kiseki up n running again.

EAF14A75-7068-4E80-AAF2-F3CD399F1F20.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m thinking about selling off the Verismo to make room for a Lyra.  I assume you sell carts the same way you sell other gear using on of the used gear sites. 

9 hours ago, Delkat said:

I’m thinking about selling off the Verismo to make room for a Lyra.  I assume you sell carts the same way you sell other gear using on of the used gear sites. 

I own a Lyra Etna Lambda used with my AMG Viella TT and 12" arm. Phono preamp is a Channel D Lino C. I am very happy with my purchases.

• Thanks 1