1C adjusting Tilt.

Hi everyone.

Proud owner of a pair of 1C speakers here.

Just a quick question on once I have levelled the speakers and roughly adjusted the tilt with a plum-bob as per the manuals instructions.

Should I fine tune my final tilt adjustments with a laser level or plumb-bob line ?  Bear in mind that my floor may not be level.

Thanks

Michael

According to Richard, just a plumb bob for the 1,2, &3's. No laser is required, as they are for the Treo's and up.

I have a set of 1's and 2's, and the manual gets pretty darn close, but I always played around with the tilt (within the acceptable range the chart provides) a bit to dial them in per my ears.

Also, placement in your room is as or more critical. 

Edited by bkeske
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, bkeske said:

According to Richard, just a plumb bob for the 1,2, &3's. No laser is required, as they are for the Treo's and up.

I have a set of 1's and 2's, and the manual gets pretty darn close, but I always played around with the tilt (within the acceptable range the chart provides) a bit to dial them in per my ears.

Also, placement in your room is as or more critical. 

Thanks for that. I have the placement dialed in pretty good but always happy to try any tweaks.

This was brought up not too long ago. I also used a laser to double check that each speaker was the same with my 2CE Sigs, but Richard jumped in to inform that both speakers being the same is not important with the 1,2, &3’s, but instead their individual tilt is.

The Treo’s and above are quite different in that both speakers do have to be equal. Thus, I have an additional washer in the spike of my right Treo to align the same with the left.

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion Richard, but in that thread I stated I used a level (after setting tilt per the manual) to make sure both my 2CE’s were the same (laser height to the wall behind me) to which you replied:

There is no need for the laser height as the instructions use a plumb bob (or string and a nut) which compensates for any floor issues.

RV 

Thus, my understanding was that using a laser on the 1,2,&3’s offered no real benefit. Perhaps, when you mentioned ‘height’, you were speaking to the 8” hight  above ear height, which only relates to the Treo and above.