What are you listening to?

Oregon

It’s been sometime since I’ve heard something “new” to me and liked it all the way through.  This one did that in spades👍

Edited by JackStraw
Warren Haynes Ashes & Dust

1 hour ago, TomicTime said:

@Jackstraw75 ya man… love Railroad Earth…. this is them at Belly Up in Solana beach…my “ neighborhood bar “ for half the year anyway… Check out Warren H solo albums and you might also like Blackberry Smoke….

DACC8775-38EF-420C-B3BA-75989FE0D0BB.jpeg

The Belly Up👍👍. Had probably the greatest (definitely the most fun and absolutely craziest) 4th of July there (started on the beach in Del Mar and ended at the BU) in my life in 1985.  Kinda one of those days into nights you’re left wondering how you pulled that one off 🤷🏼🤷🏼😆

• Haha 1

Brought this back from Italy, where I'd ordered it through Discogs and had it delivered to my wife's daughter in Milan, which is cheaper than shipping to the US if you happen to be going to Italy anyway. It was nicely wrapped in a pizza box, and you can't get more authentic Italian than that.

There are two 33-1/3 RPM disks in the single rather thin sleeve. Liner notes say it was recorded in 1996 at "The Iridium" in NYC. This copy is new and the shrink-wrap had a sticker saying it was pressed in Germany; there's a copyight 2023 to Delta Records in France, so who knows. But Haden's bass plays a prominent role and it sounds terrific.

Night'n'city 1.jpeg

Night'n'city 2.jpeg

Edited by John Gallup
  • Like 4

I have been streaming the whole set lists of Joe Bonamassa's latest concerts.  We head out next Friday to Denver to see Joe at Red Rocks.  Seats will be row 5 (the actual first row) center.  Same as two years ago.  Can't wait!!!!  Let me know if anyone here is going.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JackStraw said:

If they told me you can only bring one, this would be it👌

the Kol Nidrei here  may be the most beautiful piece of music recorded (me of course) and could be/is listened to daily. 

IMG_8404.jpeg

Spell check🥴

Edited by JackStraw

last night I spun a few of my John Mayall LP’s in memory of one of my favs. Thanks John, and please, R.I.P. 

Naw, hell, play some blues loud and wake them all from the dead 😁

John_Mayall_Empty_Rooms.jpg

John_Mayall_USA.jpg

John_Mayall_Back_to_the_Roots.jpg

John_Mayall_Last_of_The_British_Blues.jp

Edited by bkeske
  • Like 2