What are you listening to?

Oregon

Really nice box. Interesting mix of Joni’s classics but obscure pieces as well. Nice booklet and packaging - if a bit unwieldy 

IMG_0123.jpeg

• Like 1

Chicago II - Steven Wilson Remix.

First off, this was a pivotal album in my early teenage years. The first "rock" album that I had that had strong jazz elements to it. I was still living in the Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Bachman-Turner-Overdrive, Bad Company era of my music listening (which I still dearly love). I hadn't really listened to a lot of music with horns at that juncture. This album really got my attention. I wore several versions out. It certainly helped broaden my perspective which eventually led down some great roads towards, Miles, Bill Evans, Dave Brubeck, Coltrane, Chet Baker and on and on.  So not to over credit the influence, but it really did help me get out of the limitations of 70's classic rock (which still wasn't call 'classic' yet LOL). And Terry Kath was amazing. What a tragic loss.

Second, I have quite of few of these Steven Wilson Remixes and I really like them. Lots of Tull for sure. Sound is good, packaging pretty great too. ChicagoII.thumb.jpeg.73b8ff90f755be0a49f22875b86cfacb.jpeg

• Like 2

Dug into some CD’s this evening

Berlioz_Debussy_Ravel_Poulenc_Anima_Eter

Anima Eterna Brugge
Jos van Immerseel, fortepiano
Berlioz/Debussy/Ravel/Poulenc
5 CD box Alpha Classics 2005

CD #3 
Ravel

• Ma Mère L’Oye Cinq Pièces Enfantines Suite

Modest Musorgsky, Ravel (orchestration)

• Tableaux D’Une Exposition 

CD #5
Poulenc

• Concerto Pour 2 Pianos Et Orchestre En Ré Mineur
  • Suite Française
  • Concert champêtre
Boulez_Cleveland_Box.jpg

Boulez - The Cleveland Orchestra
Conductors and Orchestra Series
Deutsche Grammophon 8 CD box 2017

CD #1
Debussy 
  • Nocturnes
  • Première Rhapsodie For Clarinet And Orchestra
  • Jeux
  • La Mer
CD #2
Debussy 
  • Prélude À L'Après-midi D'Un Faune
  • Images Pour Orchestre
  • Printemps

Edited by bkeske
  • Like 1

George Shearing & Mel Torme at the Paul Masson Vineyards - 1982. This is the first of 6 albums they produced for Concord. Torme won Grammy for best jazz vocalist for this one. I've always enjoyed this album. Haven't listened in a while. Nice live vibe. This particular LP reissue isn't particularly well produced, but it's a good listen nonetheless. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Evening_with_George_Shearing_%26_Mel_Tormé

IMG_0133 (1).jpeg

• Like 1