M5-HPA High Pass Mono Blocks and Power Cables

I have been wondering if replacing the stock power cables that came with my new M5-HPA High Pass Mono Blocks would have an impact on the quality of sound. In my experience power cables can make a clear improvement on components. I have Audio Quest PCs for almost all my gear. Does anybody have any experience with PCs for the M5-HPAs? I was thinking on the AQ Thunder cables. Unfortunately, my Vandersteen dealer does not have demos that I could try. 

The stock cables work pretty well but maybe AQs or some other brand could make a difference. Please share your ideas.

Leo

I’ll go out on a limb and say, “save your money”.
I am sure RV or someone else will come on, but the predecessor (a long ways back), came with a 110v male plug.

I would be a bit surprised if the amp did not have one hell-of-a power supply.
But I am while I never admit to being wrong, I am often not right. 😄

When I auditioned the M5-HPA, I didn't try different power cords.

However, my guess would be that it would make very little difference.  To me, power cords are the last upgrade on a system.  I've only heard minor differences with power cords.

Thanks for the replies. Power cords can make a difference, depending on the component, in my experience. A few years ago, I tested an AQ Monsoon and it was amazing compared to the stock cable. I was with a friend and we both hear the same improvement. But not all amplifiers responde the same to PCs or power conditioners. I always have my amps plugged into the wall. Power conditioners seem to have a detrimental effect on the quality of sound: less dynamics, less detail... 

For now, I will keep the power stock, and save some bucks. Thanks again for the suggestions. 

I use AQ Hurricanes on the M5-HPA and cheaper AQ Z3 for the Quatro bass amps.  These 4 PCs go into a Niagara 3000 with the M5-HPA using the high power plugs.  I use a Niagara 5000 for the from end TT, streamer, phono pre and pre. These cords do make a subtle but noticeable difference.  The Niagara's made a much bigger difference!

Cords make a larger difference on source components from what little experimenting I've done.  I have been using Hurricanes on my Quatro's and my M5's.  I did hear a difference, but I need the money to take care of my components in my system.  Richards gear is designed extremely well and cords don't make as much of a difference, but yes, if this is towards the end of the system journey, it can make a difference for the positive.  I was blessed to get a Dragon for my Niagara 3000 and THAT made an amazing difference.  Even the TV looks so much better, lol (LG OLED).

I use an Isotek Aquarius power conditioner, that works well in my system. I tried the AQ Niagara 3000 and I didn't like it. I have an AQ Thunder from the wall to the Isotek, and AQ Blizzards for the components. The M5-HPAs go to the wall, as well as the subwoofers from the Quatros. It all sounds great. I haven't tried connecting the amps to the Isotek. I may try it, to see if there is any change. But, for now, I don't feel any urge to change anything.

The Quatros and M5-HPAs are really amazing. A few days ago I was in a store listening to some Magicos and a T+A integrated (expensive stuff) and I didn't like their sound at all. They did not sound bad but compared to the Vandersteens, they sounded "hi-fi" and not very engaging, at least to my ears. The Vandees are very natural sounding.

• Like 1