Sunny components Inc is a store in Covina, Ca. We are proud to work with Vandersteen audio and will be posting pictures and details of our new experiences from our store. I am personally very proud of the Brinkmann/HRS/Audioquest/Vandy system even though it's not the most expensive system, It's the system that I would like to sell the most. 

The Kento Loudspeaker is an accumulation of several design principles, some new innovations and the finest amplifier Richard and his team know how to build. 

This speaker gets very close to the performance of the all mighty ( bowing down in respect to the Mark 7 V2 ) 7. We at Sunny's love the performance of Richard's new M5 HPA Amplifier the best as it was purpose built to work with his speakers. Generally a electronics company has to build a speaker that plays nice with several speakers, designs, philosophies and construction tolerances. 

Richard had the luxury in building and designing 2 pairs of amplifiers that are optimized   to work with his hand made drivers.  There is no company that makes amplifiers better suited to Richards speakers than his very own M5-HPA amps. We have tried several in our store. We know this well. 

Our system consists of Brinkmann electronics ( Always upgradeable ) as this is how we first auditioned Richard's speakers in Munich Germany. They received " Best of show " by several coveted magazines and reviewers. Brinkmann electronics are a stunning value with solid world class engineering and execution to sound principles. 

As all our high performance systems are placed on HRS Audio stands to really extract an additional 25% to 30% more performance. 

We also like using Audience and AudioQuest cables and power products. 

DSC06627 (1).JPG

• Like 2

Sunny components Inc is a store in Covina, Ca. We are proud to work with Vandersteen audio and will be posting pictures and details of our new experiences from our store. I am personally very proud of the Brinkmann/HRS/Audioquest/Vandy system even though it's not the most expensive system, It's the system that I would like to sell the most. 

The Kento Loudspeaker is an accumulation of several design principles, some new innovations and the finest amplifier Richard and his team know how to build. 

This speaker gets very close to the performance of the all mighty ( bowing down in respect to the Mark 7 V2 ) 7. We at Sunny's love the performance of Richard's new M5 HPA Amplifier the best as it was purpose built to work with his speakers. Generally a electronics company has to build a speaker that plays nice with several speakers, designs, philosophies and construction tolerances. 

Richard had the luxury in building and designing 2 pairs of amplifiers that are optimized   to work with his hand made drivers.  There is no company that makes amplifiers better suited to Richards speakers than his very own M5-HPA amps. We have tried several in our store. We know this well. 

Our system consists of Brinkmann electronics ( Always upgradeable ) as this is how we first auditioned Richard's speakers in Munich Germany. They received " Best of show " by several coveted magazines and reviewers. Brinkmann electronics are a stunning value with solid world class engineering and execution to sound principles. 

As all our high performance systems are placed on HRS Audio stands to really extract an additional 25% to 30% more performance. 

We also like using Audience and AudioQuest cables and power products. 

IMG_7986.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Love the pics Sunil.  Those Kénto's are a pretty speaker.  I was BLOWN away by how close they were to the 7's.  Just a smaller scale.  I'm getting the 5 amp this Fall, hopefully.  It's better than the 30k Audio Research amps I feel.  Purpose built is what you dream for.  I use 3" granite slabs under the Quatro CT's.  I am having a purpose built analog volume control installed into my server/DAC so that I can run directly into the amps.  The impedances and distance for my speaker cable runs works perfectly for me to be able to do this and not lose any dynamics etc...  I will try to post some pics, but I'm in a TV cabinet for my gear, lol.  At least it's a Stickely cabinet.  I'm going to also get the inexpensive HRS platform for my server/DAC.  Thanks @Brad for filling my head with how good the HRS platforms are, lol.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Got to hear the Kento's again in Milwaukee. What a great shop (Ultra Fidelis).  Jon Spelt is just like Johnny Rutan, Sunil, Alan Jones, Mike Huesi Bruce in SD and so many other great Vandy dealers.

These speakers are very special.  The longer you listen, the more you 'get it'.....  I thought that they were just upgraded Quatro's, but that was only after the first listen.  I felt the bass was better than the 5's, but when listening in a non group setting and set up properly, I was amazed at what they do.  To me, it's close to the 7's.  I bet if you used a couple of Richard's sub's with them, that you'd get more bass (air movement) than you would ever need.  Even without the subs, they give prodigious bass and it's so tuneful.  

I strongly recommend using the M5 HPA 's on any Vandy speaker if you can afford it.  As much as I love the Audio Research gear or the Aesthetix, or Ayre or.... any of the top names that have zero feedback amps, the M5's are special as they are designed for these speakers.  It makes a huge difference.  

Had to post this after getting to audition at Jon's shop.  Just amazing.

BK, I can't afford them either.  Heck, I've stretched myself way more than I have a right to.  I just love listening to my music and I do it for hours a day.  They are for the special group who have no problems purchasing them.  It's all relative as we know.  I'm happy for those who can write those checks, lol... That's why I spend time at shops when I can so that I get to hear this great stuff.  

I was skeptical about cords until I met Garth and he auditioned his prototypes.  I knew after that , that I would own a Niagara (can only afford the 1000) and power cords.  They made such a positive difference, that I budgeted them the way I do components.  Well worth it. Heck, even his lesser expensive cords sound better to my ears than most of the uber priced exotics that I've auditioned (yes, have heard them all side by side in the same systems).  JMHO

Oh, I believe that Kento's are better than our Quatro CT's.  Why wouldn't they be?  Vandersteen has always been transparent about their offerings.  I do not believe for one second that Richard would offer a product at a higher price that isn't better than the Quatro CT's.  That's never been how they've done business.

It's just that some things in life are going to be remain aspirational for most of us.

As for the cables and the power conditioners, well, I am certain that both can make a positive difference.  I'd still rather build my own.  But, even then, we do own some expensive AQ interconnect and speaker cables.  It's just not my nature to jump on the newest model every year.

Too much philosophy!

I jumped on board after spending the day with Garth.  Just learned so much and I don't see MKII for a bit and even then, I can't see it being that much better.  He's working on his interconnects now, but I doubt they will be as big a step up as the cords and then speaker cables are.  

• 9 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 4:17 AM, Sunil Merchant said:

Sunny components Inc is a store in Covina, Ca.
….

IMG_7986.jpg

Does one need an appointment?

My daughter just moved from NY State to the Pasadena area… 

Edited by Holmz
  • Like 1