First Class Products, First Class Service

bkeske

Not sure where to put this, so I will put this here.

Since I bought my used Treo’s, I realized there was a problem with one of the woofers at only certain Hz ranges, I had an occasional ’buzz’, mostly with modern strong mid-low bass recordings. For the most part, as I play mostly classical, jazz, and folk, they sounded fine and did not distort. But, I knew I would eventually have to send it in to get looked over, but to be honest, simply did not want to remove them from my rig. Simple as that. So lived with the 5-15% of the time it may cause issues.

Then, very unexpectedly, a tweeter totally went on me. What? I thought, how could this be? So, it was time. After reviewing everything with Jim @TomicTime, who also had Richard in the loop in guidance with testing with a multimeter and photographing various components to narrow down the problem, the tweeter turned out to be a driver issue vs anything in the crossover. So, removed them, boxed them up, and sent them in for repair. 

Literally within 24-36 hours in Vandersteen’s possession, Jaclyn called to tell me they were fixed and they would be sent back within a couple days. I was a bit floored that they got to them that fast. I received the drivers today, reinstalled them, reset-up the Treo’s, and they sound wonderful.

I cannot say enough about the speed and quality of the service. Thank you Richard, and thank you to your team in taking care of this in such a timely manner. First class service. We are not only lucky to have speakers from a company who provides incredible product(s) for our enjoyment, but also incredible service as well when necessary.

Luckily, I still have my 2CE Sigs that I used in the interim, and gotta say, for the last couple weeks, they sounded really really good, and I enjoyed them a lot. But after re-setting up the Treo’s today…..man, it didn’t take long to remember what a difference between the two. I think I’ll keep them both, and also the 1C’s in my bedroom system for a long long time.

Thank you to all at Vandersteen.

• Like 5

I've never heard a bad word about their after market support. I can't say that about many of the top companies whose names are WELL known.  It just shows what companies give a darn about their family name as well as the ones paying their bills 😉 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ctsooner said:

I've never heard a bad word about their after market support. I can't say that about many of the top companies whose names are WELL known.  It just shows what companies give a darn about their family name as well as the ones paying their bills 😉 

Luckily I have never had to test the customer service 😎

• Like 1