Model 5A with M5 HPA monoblocks

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with combining the model 5A with the M5HPA monoblocks?   I am currently running Quicksilver V4s  (latest versions which I believe are around 180 watts per channel) and they sound pretty great.  That said, I have heard all good things about the M5HPA, amplifiers, although I have never heard them with the older speakers.  I’m curious if anybody else has made this combination and where they may have come from before switching to the HPA amplifiers.

79B765D8-5386-4EED-A671-7211D6B0ECE4.thumb.jpeg.8a8dde59712d3b9c40e779bccffbfc3c.jpeg

• Like 3

Lovely room and well sorted system 😉  i believe there are several 7 owners using M5, RV can confirm…. i would expect significant improvement…..

The veneer on your 5a is superb…. you might repost in the finish / veneer thread also….

Best to you in music.

Jim

Drew...You're on the Vandersteen forum....you don't even have to second guess.  Before I moved here from New Jersey, I too had a fireplace, and found out that when the flu was open, the bass flew right up.  ....just sayin

Edited by Stringreen
  • Haha 1

Great system and congrats.  Agree with Jim on the finish.  I have heard them on the 5's in two different rooms.  To me, if you can afford them, it's a no brainers.  You just need to audition.  The amps to my ears are better than the 34k Audio Research amps as well as the similarly priced Boulder amps, CH Precision amps and many other high priced amps they go against.  They are very special and as Jim said, many use them with the 7's.  Heck I just read a review from last year and the reviewer was using the 5's with the 7 XTRM's.  LOVED them.  Good luck and keep us in the loop 

2 hours ago, ctsooner said:

Great system and congrats.  Agree with Jim on the finish.  I have heard them on the 5's in two different rooms.  To me, if you can afford them, it's a no brainers.  You just need to audition.  The amps to my ears are better than the 34k Audio Research amps as well as the similarly priced Boulder amps, CH Precision amps and many other high priced amps they go against.  They are very special and as Jim said, many use them with the 7's.  Heck I just read a review from last year and the reviewer was using the 5's with the 7 XTRM's.  LOVED them.  Good luck and keep us in the loop 

That's what I was afraid of hearing!  LOL. Where are the, "Oh no, the Quickies are the best thing since sliced bread at any price" people" when you need them most?

I have an audition planned in a couple of weeks at my house...should be interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1