Quattro’s/Kento’s/Amplification

Cosmic

I have posted before about upgrading from Treo CT’s to the Quattro’s, but this is a different take on the upgrade path.   My current system is streaming only:  Innuos Pulsar >>MSB Premiere w/ Director>>Mac 22>>Mac 611 mono blocks.  I also have a line array of Rel 510’s.  Am thinking about a speaker upgrade.  If there were a Vandersteen between the Quattro and Kento, that would be perfect.  I have always (rightly or wrongly) operated on the theory that good speakers are optimized (in terms of SQ) with amplification that is at least a step in quality (in dollars—a rough guide only—about 2 to 1) above the speakers.   So my question:  Quattro’s with better amplification (likely, Mac 1.25k’s), or straight to Kento’s and keep the 611’s, since the Kento’s would bust my preferred budget, but could be do-able.   I’m going on the theory that speakers in the mid 30’s would not beat the Quattro/new amp combination.   I can’t speak to the technical side, this is just my intuition.   Any thoughts?  Thanks!

• Like 1

Well, Mac's seem to work well with Vandy's, so why not get the Kento's if they are within your budget? They offer the most recent design, and look really cool.😉

I have no personal experience with Mac's, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Hopefully, other members can chime in.

B

• Like 1