Super tweeter add on

ghamilton

3 hours ago, DC-93 said:

What-is-Normal-Hearing-Loss-with-Age.jpg.d355e5af2d1804a75131d2792ff4a122.jpg

Truth be told, hearing goes south as we get older. Your mileage may vary...

DC-93, are you suggesting WE SHOULD USE OUR SPEAKERS as a substitute for hearing aids?  This would not be pleasant for others in the home including pets as correctly shown above!  I don't dispute we experience hearing loss as we age only that we self-compensate, if a piano we heard yesterday live sounds like a good recording of one today on our system it has reasonably accurate transducers and is Time and Phase Correct.  RV

On 10/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, Richard Vandersteen said:

DC-93, are you suggesting WE SHOULD USE OUR SPEAKERS as a substitute for hearing aids?  This would not be pleasant for others in the home including pets as correctly shown above!  I don't dispute we experience hearing loss as we age only that we self-compensate, if a piano we heard yesterday live sounds like a good recording of one today on our system it has reasonably accurate transducers and is Time and Phase Correct.  RV

Not at all... !!!!!!!!!!!

Just pointing out that we all have less hearing, especially on the top end when we age.  

I "run out of gas" around 13.5K.  I run my speakers without any EQ or other manipulation of the signal. 

Others may choose super tweeters to augment the very top.  

If one gets their hearing professionally checked, they may be in for a surprise.   😬

Edited by DC-93
clarity

6 hours ago, DC-93 said:

Not at all... !!!!!!!!!!!

Just pointing out that we all have less hearing, especially on the top end when we age.  

I "run out of gas" around 13.5K.  I run my speakers without any EQ or other manipulation of the signal. 

Others may choose super tweeters to augment the very top.  

If one gets their hearing professionally checked, they may be in for a surprise.   😬

It does not matter what the test shows a piano live will still sound like a good recording of a piano!  If this were not true then people would not invest on this hobby as they usually are older by the time, they have the time and money.  RV

Nope, I didn’t forget about harmonics. 
The highest notes of a piano don’t sound as good as the lower notes because there are less harmonics to be heard. 
We have a medium grand piano and the lower chords are dramatic! 
Upper notes sound like “tink, tink, tink!”