The 2Ce Sig II's arrived...

2 minutes ago, Holmz said:

These
https://www.parts-express.com/Cable-Pants-10mm-2-Conductor-Black-10-Pcs.-082-780?quantity=1
Some black and red heat shrink, a blow drier, and some of this gear sparkles em up.
https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving

too late. everything is working fine now. None of the wires are touching and all the drivers are working. 🙂 I put my soldering iron away...

15 hours ago, olds1959special said:

Bare copper wire to screw terminals is the best possible connection.

Ring connectors with silver or gold plating is actually the 'best' way to do it.  As long as you enjoy the music, that's all the matter anyways.  Sounds like you are enjoying as you should 🙂.  

• Thanks 1

I snipped off the excess wires and wrapped a little electrical tape around the wires that connect to the amps. When I spliced the cable I accidentally cut into some of the insulation, so that's why I used the electrical tape. I'm listening to Keely Smith and the sound is good. IMG_0260.thumb.JPG.89f079be858ac8ba6f15bdef9337aa8d.JPGIMG_0259.thumb.JPG.2a5e5da24a589dc05a36b08f00b461ec.JPGIMG_0258.thumb.JPG.639a2c8a42e35b9db3d0381055779d71.JPGIMG_0257.thumb.JPG.613fe4b506717d4dcbc298ab78494526.JPG

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GdnrBob said:

Yup, you don't want to ground out a cable.

b

I don't think I lost too many strands when making the cables, just a few. I just cut into the insulation of the wires slightly on one side, so I added a bit of electrical tape to that side.

Edited by olds1959special

Posted (edited)

I replaced the electrical tape with some heat shrink tubing. This is mainly for looks, because I noticed on some of the wires, I had cut into the insulation, sometimes a little on each wire. But I figure since the insulation did not come off, it's still going to separate the wires from touching, right? It's working now.IMG_0261.thumb.jpg.343919ebf33ce05de459b15e85ea4d47.jpg

Edited by olds1959special

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2024 at 2:19 PM, olds1959special said:

After reading that tinning the wires was a bad idea, I redid it with bare wire. Fortunately it's working with no apparent shorts! 

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

Hey, olds1959

Firstly, congratulations on your 2Ce Signature II acquisition--they are exceptional speakers in my book (I've owned 2 pairs in fact, with the current pair sounding even better than my previous pair).

Secondly, I happened to be checking out your various pics of your speaker wire and terminal strips here on this thread and then noticed something about the S/Ns of your Sig IIs...I have posted a response re: this in your other  post, "What is the year my 2Ce Sig II's were made?"

It might be interesting and beneficial for us to chat...😆

Chuckster

Edited by Chuckster
  • Like 2