Pleasures of this hobby

Thursday I was at Stereo Unlimited, my audio dealer here in San Diego, because a friend from our audio group had told me Luke Manley (of VTL) would be in the store that morning. Sure enough Luke and Bruce Heimberg, the proprietor, were there in the Vandersteen Room when I arrived. In listening to a few records with and talking to them, I was persuaded to pull the trigger on the TL 6.5 Series II preamp I'd been auditioning while the Rogue Audio RP-9 preamp was away for repairs. Luke shook my hand and thanked me personally as we inked the deal with Bruce.

That got me to thinking that I've also talked on the phone to Ron Sutherland about his phono preamps I've bought, and at an audio show met Garth Powell, who designed the Niagara 3000 power condition I use.

And of course I feel like I know Richard V a bit, from hearing him speak and answer my questions at a couple of visits to Stereo Unlimited; he also called me on the phone to discourage me from using Isoacoustics Gaia feet under the Treos I had at that time. And of course Richard is very active on this forum, addressing my concerns and those of many others.

It's really a pleasure to feel like part of a community this way.

Edited by John Gallup
Clear up who Ron S is.
  • Like 5

Couldn't agree more John.  Great news on the preamp, congrats!   RV has helped me so much- by phone, email and on the boards here.  I should also mention Nick Doshi of Doshi Audio and JR Boisclair of Wallytools as builders of community and helpful sages.    

Frank

• Like 1

I have to say, that we Vandy owners are quite special. I don't think there are other owners of a manufacturer who share freely and don't try to be boorish. Having this forum is the main reason I have mostly abandoned Audiogon.

Bob

• Like 2