Randal’s interim setup (works in progress)

Well I finally got the lamp cords wired up and test with a DMM.
Hooked them into the back of the Prima Luna, and made new RCAs with Mogami and Neutrik ProFi RCAs. Then I noticed that the RHS speaker was not making woofer sounds.

So I switched the speaker cables at the amp side, and the problem shifted to LHS.
Switched the RCAs at the amplifier and the bad sound jumped back to the RHS.

I was pretty sure it was the RCAs at this point, so I plugged in the iPhone to a 1/8” to RCA adapter and used a different set of RCAs to the (Audible Illusion) preamp… just to be 100% sure... And wholah the thing worked. So it was either the old CD player or the store bought RCAs?? 

The Australian Footy League (AFL) grand final is tonight (which is like the Super Bowl without commercial and without cheerleaders); so the Mrs wanted the TV working. That took a few more trips to the shops to get antenna cables and some more store bought RCA as I am awaiting more Mogami microphone cable to arrive.

In the end she said, “The TV is working, and it sounds great. Maybe you can take those speakers out to the garage?

I reached over turned the volume down… She said, “how do you control the TV’s volume through the stereo?”, so I got up and turned the TV’s volume up.

And she said, “How do those speaker sound like they are coming out the middle?”

I said, “It’s PFM”

There is plenty more to do starting with pushing everything  back towards the wall, awaiting the HT preamp to arrive, and setting up the turntable. As well as we are packing up one house for pending sale. Moving into this rental, decluttering, and also moving into the other house (2121 mi away by car) where the other house is at.

And also presaging the HT gear, and working out how to add in a DSP and whether it is helpful or not. And probably some work on subwoofer integration. I have a single Vandy sub in the corner currently.

Likely some more photos as it evolves and gets cleaned up… and then as it migrates interstate… which is also in the 2.1 to 5.1 thread.

4827089E-8C38-46E4-91BC-83BD388F809A.jpeg

• Like 1

Congrats, seems like you are getting closer.  Is there any way to get the equipment rack to the side? I do remember photos of your room, and it is indeed a challenge. I simply like/prefer the area between the speakers to be free of equipment so as not to interfere with the stage/imaging.

Also, I do hope those items on top of your 2C’s are simply temporary. The amount of sound that emits from the top (and sides and rear)  of the 2C’s is part of its design, and should be free and clear of any objects. IMO of course.

6 hours ago, bkeske said:

Congrats, seems like you are getting closer.  Is there any way to get the equipment rack to the side? I do remember photos of your room, and it is indeed a challenge. I simply like/prefer the area between the speakers to be free of equipment so as not to interfere with the stage/imaging.

Also, I do hope those items on top of your 2C’s are simply temporary. The amount of sound that emits from the top (and sides and rear)  of the 2C’s is part of its design, and should be free and clear of any objects. IMO of course.

The other photos were the place in WA (Western Australia).
The rack is on the side (between the windows), but I threw together the old IKEA rack so that I have a place to put the TV on. Half of that gear in that rack is going out.

And Yeah… it is a mess… but we at least watched the Grand Final last night.
And the room is getting de cluttered and worked over.
(Mostly I was feeling guilty as I think one is supposed to put up pictures as step #1.)

094CE341-7398-41EF-9C59-143DA05955F9.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomicTime said:

Dude ! i have that same AC !

What do you mean?
Air conditioner? Or AC power board thing in the rack mount?

58 minutes ago, bkeske said:

@Holmz ahhhh….for whatever reason the first photo seemed like the TV was seperate.

And yea, this is a different place. How many houses do you have? Trying to keep up with @TomicTime ? 😁

Well one around the corner is under contract now. (Moving out of that one)

The one here is a rental for me to be in when I am working here. (And staging area for things going west) 

The one in WA is the longer term place.

I’ll be working on sorting today:

• Stuff to move
  • Stuff to throw out
  • Stuff to be boxed and stored in the shed

Today’s photo:

4BDDF863-0F3E-45AE-9F03-A11EF7EF7D41.jpeg