Treo CT in a sock?

EJC

That would save quite a bit of money, no? Could it be done?

Seems like the Sig 3a is being totally ignored.  No Sig 2 or 3 version. Leaves a big gab between the $3k 2cs Sig 3 and and $10k Treo CT

Any plans to fill that gap?

• Like 1

Sales of the Model 3 series does not justify further development.  It is a great speaker, but most people don't want something that large and plain in the living room.  We learned with the Quatro Fabric that a $2000.00 saving was not enough difference because 95% bought the wood finish which caused us to drop that option.  I have been working on trying to put something between but so far have not been successful.   The reason this is difficult is because the TREO CT is basically a Three with an inert cabinet and a Carbon Tweeter.  We had for many years a TREO without the Carbon tweeter for significantly less money but nearly everybody moved up to the CT version, so we had to discontinue it!  Some choose the VLR CT with a SUB THREE.  RV 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 3:22 AM, Richard Vandersteen said:

Sales of the Model 3 series does not justify further development.  It is a great speaker, but most people don't want something that large and plain in the living room.  We learned with the Quatro Fabric that a $2000.00 saving was not enough difference because 95% bought the wood finish which caused us to drop that option.  I have been working on trying to put something between but so far have not been successful.   The reason this is difficult is because the TREO CT is basically a Three with an inert cabinet and a Carbon Tweeter.  We had for many years a TREO without the Carbon tweeter for significantly less money but nearly everybody moved up to the CT version, so we had to discontinue it!  Some choose the VLR CT with a SUB THREE.  RV 

A demographic study would likely reveal that people that bought/buy 2C mihgt bhave been single.
And the Treo etc, may be in relationships.

Whether that results in more income, etc, is unknown.
Even I am looking at Treos… (mostly because of WAF pressure).

3 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

Our Dealers have noticed for years if the Wife is involved it may not just be the look.  They are very sensitive to distortion especially noise the causes discomfort.  The TREO CT has a very silent cabinet which allows the drivers to do their work more clearly and musically.  RV

Once upon a time when we used to visit audio stores, my wife used to complain about the exact same thing.  Consistently and vehemently.  I won't mention who the biggest offenders were to her, but I'll just say that Vandersteen loudspeakers were an easy choice.  This was regardless of price.  The only other system that passed muster was put together by Richard Sequerra - and this was at an audio show in NYC!

It's funny standard here.  First, the sound can't be annoying...

• Like 2

Great story BK.  Similar thing with us and I know of a few more who have said the same thing.  I loved the Sequerra gear.  My buddy still owns his FM tuner.  I never auditioned a tuner vs another one, but it was as good as I've ever heard (one of the classical radio stations in NYC adn that was at least 20 years ago.  Thanks for bringing up a name from the past.