Updating System; have some questions about what's compatible

I have a 15 year old Vandersteen System, 2 1c's as main's, a VCC-1 as center, and 2 VLR's as surrounds. In a week I'll be upgrading the 1c's to brand new model 2's. With that upgrade, I would like to upgrade the center. What would you recommend? I'm thinking of a VCC-5, but as you can see it will be a very tight fit on the furniture I have. Also, can it sit right next to a receiver safely? If I mix all of the 8 ohm speakers with a 4 ohm VCC-5, will the receiver be alright? It's a Marantz SR-7015.

For a little history, I purchased those 5 Vandersteens from the long gone Sounds Incredible, and have followed me through three moves and three receivers.

20220415_140621 - Copy.jpg

This has been true for my 45 years.  Most receivers do not sound very good but dealers that sell them know which are the "sleepers" that happen to sound very good especially for the money.  The interesting fact over the years is its almost never the expensive ones!  I think this is because nobody over there listens to the stuff the engineers just make it work and sales sell them.  I don't think it has anything to do with the speaker load because it happens on our speakers, and they all have easy loads (Model 3 series excepted).   RV

1 hour ago, TriStateVandy2007 said:

I have a 15 year old Vandersteen System, 2 1c's as main's, a VCC-1 as center, and 2 VLR's as surrounds. In a week I'll be upgrading the 1c's to brand new model 2's. With that upgrade, I would like to upgrade the center. What would you recommend? I'm thinking of a VCC-5, but as you can see it will be a very tight fit on the furniture I have. Also, can it sit right next to a receiver safely? If I mix all of the 8 ohm speakers with a 4 ohm VCC-5, will the receiver be alright? It's a Marantz SR-7015.

For a little history, I purchased those 5 Vandersteens from the long gone Sounds Incredible, and have followed me through three moves and three receivers.

20220415_140621 - Copy.jpg

You should get the VCC-2 which is the best match for the 2 series.  RV

• Like 1