What are you listening to?

Oregon

9 minutes ago, JackStraw said:

Recorded in 86 at the Oxnard CA Civic Auditorium. More phenomenal piano playing here!

IMG_8488.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

In particular La Campanella….must sound amazing with the CT tweeter…!

Edited by JackStraw
Spelling

Went shopping for a pair of new interconnects and wound up with a pair of Audioquest Thunderbird XLRs at a frightening(ly good) price, but while visiting Bruce & Co at Stereo Unlimited of course had to shop for records. Came home with two that were new to me:  this Kenny Barron Trio outing...

Barron 1.jpg

Barron 2.jpg

...which has terrific sound. Surprisingly, this pre-Joe-Morello Brubeck Quartet recording also has excellent sound, given that it was recorded live at an outdoor venue.

No exotic time signatures, but lots of improvisational creativity.

Brubeck 1.jpg

Brubeck 2.jpg

Edited by John Gallup
Add more data, images
  • Like 4

On 8/16/2024 at 3:53 PM, John Gallup said:

Surprisingly, this pre-Joe-Morello Brubeck Quartet recording also has excellent sound, given that it was recorded live at an outdoor venue.

Looked it up and found out why the sound was so good:  

"Several of the tracks were later re-recorded in New York City due to sound problems with the live Newport recordings."

• Like 1

Great opening season performance by the Berlin Philharmonic today. Watched live via The Digital Concert Hall. 

I am not a big Bruckner fan, but the 5th is very different than most of his compositions, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

IMG-4184.jpg

IMG-1107.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been exploring some acoustic blues as of late and it has been quite the tasty experience, or is it the bourbon. In any case they seem to work well together!

Lonnie.jpg

Skip.jpg

Edited by Huang
spelling
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Huang said:

I have been exploring some acoustic blues as of late and it has been quite the tasty experience, or is it the bourbon. In any case they seem to work well together!

Lonnie.jpg

Skip.jpg

Thanks @Huang I like the Lonnie a lot so far.
(Streaming via Spotify)

No bourbon at the moment though… 🤭

Edited by Holmz
  • Sad 1

Four of my favorites that have been on my playlist this week. They are all 4 LP, single-sided 45 rpms, part of the Classic Records “45 Series” from the mid-90’s, and all mastered by Bernie Grundman. Sonically they are simply amazing!!
“Living Stereo” reissues:
“Lieutenant Kije”
“Music for Bang Barroom and Harp”
“Gaîté Parisienne”
“Witches’ Brew”

IMG_1677.jpeg

• Like 2