Corey’s System Pics

21 hours ago, ctsooner said:

Wow. That looks great. Glad to see you treat the room a bit.   What changes will you be making?

I am replacing the Salamander Synergy rack with a Symposium Foundation Ultra plus 2 sets of Rollerblock modules.  I am also replacing the Rogue Ares phono stage with a Herron VTPH-2A.

As for room treatments I actually have some Stillpoints Aperture panels, one on each side and 1 in the rear.  I plan to add 2 more in the rear and some diffusion of sorts (3D Art panels) behind the 5a Carbons.  Might put a Aperture panel below the diffusion closer to the speakers rear vent.

That’s outstanding. Funny as salamander racks are built here and the Hartford Connecticut area. I not only knew the guy who started it, but nearly purchased a house he owned about 18 years ago in West Hartford Connecticut. The still point staff and HRS are by far my two favorites for getting vibrations out of electronics. I myself need to do a few more room treatments, however I am getting my system together fully before I do that. That’s why I use some cheap treatments to defuse the sound and absorb that first reflection on the sidewall. 

24 minutes ago, ctsooner said:

That’s outstanding. Funny as salamander racks are built here and the Hartford Connecticut area. I not only knew the guy who started it, but nearly purchased a house he owned about 18 years ago in West Hartford Connecticut. The still point staff and HRS are by far my two favorites for getting vibrations out of electronics. I myself need to do a few more room treatments, however I am getting my system together fully before I do that. That’s why I use some cheap treatments to defuse the sound and absorb that first reflection on the sidewall. 

I am actually using the Stillpoints LPI as well.

As for the Stillpoints Apertures I think they are pretty effective since they do dynamic absorption, and diffusion.

I will look at them. I forget the name of the other company, who's products I love.  They look great as they fit into most rooms decor and sound incredible. I am friend wiht some dealers who sell and use them.  I'll try to find the name out and share.  I wish HRS would come out with room acoustics too as I bet they'd nail it too, lol. 

1 hour ago, ctsooner said:

I will look at them. I forget the name of the other company, who's products I love.  They look great as they fit into most rooms decor and sound incredible. I am friend wiht some dealers who sell and use them.  I'll try to find the name out and share.  I wish HRS would come out with room acoustics too as I bet they'd nail it too, lol. 

I think a lot of people like GIK products.  They are actually local to me.  As for HRS I like their products but man they can get expensive quick.

Yes, they can.  I"m probably looking at their E series platform for my Server/DAC adn then for Richards amps when I get them.  those amps are just sick.  Heard them vs the Audio Research 30k mono's and the newest 28k Boulder amp. NO comparison. I was in shock as the AR amps are a great value for a high end/priced amp.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, Corey Layton said:

I am replacing the Salamander Synergy rack with a Symposium Foundation Ultra plus 2 sets of Rollerblock modules.  I am also replacing the Rogue Ares phono stage with a Herron VTPH-2A.

As for room treatments I actually have some Stillpoints Aperture panels, one on each side and 1 in the rear.  I plan to add 2 more in the rear and some diffusion of sorts (3D Art panels) behind the 5a Carbons.  Might put a Aperture panel below the diffusion closer to the speakers rear vent.

I have a friend who is a Herron dealer.  He has been trying to steer me into their phono stage for a couple years now.  I have no experience with any Herron products, but I've read some good press.  Met Keith at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach a few years back; seemed like a nice guy.

• Like 1

It's a really nice phono.  I would listen to the Aesthetix Rhea, any Audio Research and believe it or not, the Quicksilver phono stage.  My three favorite phono's are Brinkmann, Audio Research and Aesthetix .  They are zero feedback which is important with Vandersteen's. Not sure how that works with a phono preamp though, lol.  The tonality is spot on with them.  

On 8/19/2020 at 2:21 PM, Steve Edwards said:

I have a friend who is a Herron dealer.  He has been trying to steer me into their phono stage for a couple years now.  I have no experience with any Herron products, but I've read some good press.  Met Keith at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach a few years back; seemed like a nice guy.

I got a great deal on the Herron and it was an opportunity to improve my over all sound with a phono stage that does not use 12AU7s (which I seem to never like).

Corey