Jessica Williams

John Gallup

Just discovered this jazz pianist through Tidal,  where a whole lot of her albums are available. I'd never heard of her but now am really, really enjoying her lyrical style and good taste, plus her own compositions. "Heather" on "Live at Yoshi's, Vol I" is a good place to start.

image.thumb.png.0e44437c8fca6515916664b1b294337a.png

• Like 1

John, thank you for the heads up about Jessica Williams. I had never heard her name.  Yesterday, after reading your post, I listened to her 1979 record Orgonomic Music, which was very cool. And this morning just listened to her 2011 Coltrane "tribute" record Freedom Trane; she's leading a trio on this one. Glad to have another discography to work my way through and enjoy!

• Like 1

Those who enjoy old-school stride piano (as I do) will also like Art Hodes, a lot or maybe all of whose stuff is on Tidal. The way these guys (Fats Waller is the best known) can play a metronomically steady rhythm with the left hand while improvising with the right is a constant delight to me. This record in CD form was my "gateway drug;" now I'm constantly in search of more vinyl.

image.thumb.png.8e5ba303439438df2bf77468b866f9e3.png

• 2 weeks later...