My 2Ce Signature system

About 3 years ago I picked up my 2Ce Signatures, original version from the early 2000's, they were in mint condition.  Drove from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach, SC to pick them up, 6 hours there and back, non-stop! These I consider my "dream speakers."

I first listened to the Vandersteen 2 series in the mid 80's at a hi-fi shop in Augusta, GA, I was bowled over! The sound was superb: deep bass, 3D imaging, and a sense of soundstage depth and width beyond the physical positioning of the speakers that I had not experienced before. I went with a friend that was shopping for a turntable, and I was kicking myself that within a few monts of the visit I had purchased a set of Boston Acoustics A-400's. At that time, there wasn't a Vandersteen dealer in the Atlanta area, that I knew of, so the BA A-400 purchase. The pricing of these 2 systems at that time was the same so If I had heard the 2 C's bfore my purchse, I would have got them.  Well, I craved Vandy's for decades, but budgets were an issue, so the A400's had to do, until of course, now! 

I'm running my 2 Ce Sig's with an Audio Research LS-1, and a Dynaco ST-70 with Bob Latino/Tubes 4 HiFi mods and Electro-Harmonix tubes, and bi-wired with AQ cables. The ST-70 outouts around 35 W per channel, and the the Vandy's do fine, thank you! See picture, the system is my "reference system" and shares a room with the home theater system also shown. After 3 years of ownership, they're still my "dream" speakers, and I have no intention of giving them up.

Thanks for acceptting me to the forum, and I look forward to reading posts from other members!

20231220_123117.jpg

• Like 9

@erniegiro Welcome to the forum,! Very nice. I still have my 2CE Sigs (first version) as both a back-up set and also as my rears when in HT mode. Just fantastic speakers. I had a chance to put them back in as my mains when the Treo's were being repaired, and gotta say, really enjoyed them in that position within the rig again. You can easily forget the 'grunt; the 2C's offer while also providing very nice mids and highs. Glad to have the Treo's back 'up front', as they are incredibly special in their own right, but know if I ever had to, would not be discouraged living with the 2's.

Also, that is a great Stravinsky LP hiding behind the turntable. Have that one. Good stuff.

Edited by bkeske
  • Like 1

bkske,

Stravinsky's own Rite is my very favorite too! And not a bad recording either for the 60's. Another favorite version of mine is Bernstein's from the late 50's, in its digitally remastered version. IMHO the original Columbia LP did not sound as good.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, erniegiro said:

bkske,

Stravinsky's own Rite is my very favorite too! And not a bad recording either for the 60's. Another favorite version of mine is Bernstein's from the late 50's, in its digitally remastered version. IMHO the original Columbia LP did not sound as good.

If you can find this 6 LP box set released by Columbia in 1970, grab it. Great collection. Stravinsky conducts himself with the Columbia Symphony Orchestra.

Enjoy

Stravinsky-Box-2.jpg

Brian

Edited by bkeske
  • Like 1