Arcam SA30 Integrated w/ 3A?

Hello,

I have been eyeing the Arcam SA30 to pair with my 3A's since it checks most of the boxes I'm looking for: built-in MM/MC phono stages, Dirac, eARC, and it is within my budget.

My only concern is that it does not have enough juice to drive the 3A's to their fullest potential (120W 8 ohms, 220W 4 ohms).  

My listening room is 15' x 11'.  Definitely not the ideal room size, but it is what it is. I'm most curious about Dirac since I imagine it would help a lot with the less-than-ideal speaker placement and room acoustics. 

Thanks everyone for the help, and I'm excited to join this community!

• Like 1

Forgot to add - I am currently using Rotel separates.

After rearranging some things around the house, there will no longer be enough room to have a bunch of electronic components on a shelf or cabinet, which is why I am in search of an integrated with all the bells and whistles

• Like 1

Integrateds are not the best answer Longterm because they force long speaker cables (devastating compared to short wires), everything shares one power supply, power amp not as high current (especially important for the 3's) and reduces flexibility in the future.  Some think they are an improvement because a couple of cables are eliminated along with their connectors, but this is a myth.  They certainly are better than nothing if that is the only option.  RV

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jcho said:

Forgot to add - I am currently using Rotel separates.

After rearranging some things around the house, there will no longer be enough room to have a bunch of electronic components on a shelf or cabinet, which is why I am in search of an integrated with all the bells and whistles

jcho, better compare the Arcam to your Rotel before you make a mistake!  You're at risk of going backwards.  RV

• Like 1

Hi Richard, 

Thank you for the response. This might be a dumb question but why would integrateds force longer speaker cables? Is this assuming we are using monoblocks? 

I will reconsider going with an integrated based on your advice. The reduction in flexibility has definitely crossed my mind. 

Also, what is your opinion on using DSP like Dirac Live for less-than-ideal room acoustics and speaker placement? 

Thank you again for your time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcho said:

Hi Richard, 

Thank you for the response. This might be a dumb question but why would integrateds force longer speaker cables? Is this assuming we are using monoblocks? 

I will reconsider going with an integrated based on your advice. The reduction in flexibility has definitely crossed my mind. 

Also, what is your opinion on using DSP like Dirac Live for less-than-ideal room acoustics and speaker placement? 

Thank you again for your time!

jcho, give me a call 559-816-2411.  RV

• Like 1

Hopefully you have the wonderful 3’s on the very substantial strongback sound anchor stands… ive found that and a bit of distance from the rear wall is an excellent place to sneak a monoblock amp into. 😉 best wishes on your system changes…

• Like 1

I have no experience with Arcam, but if they produce the power you state, they should be good for the 3's. But, I am just a simple Vandy owner. 

Please give Mr. V. a call. He knows so much  more than I do.

Bob

• Like 1