Very likely… the elder Sugano had a direct role in teaching the son who has now passed on.  I consider myself fortunate to have a Urushi Black built by the son.

My hope is that someone in Japan with technical chops and ears will pick up the line and carry on the legacy… history and artistic lineage is a hallmark of the Koetsu name and indeed dna.

As an aside,,, not so unfamiliar as so many Vandersteen family members work in very significant roles at Vandersteen Audio.

• Like 1

finally, those who know me understand i deeply appreciate symbolism….. 

This is a quite extensive book on the various art of the Koetsu namesake… lying atop the cartridge makers favorite Rosewood…. of a Vandy Sub 3…..

Wishing you all a great day or music and art… intertwined….

Jim

B6615BFF-04E3-4CA7-9750-1FDC65F0207B.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TomicTime said:

Those of you more interested or perhaps owners / fans of Lyra might find this interesting…. i did….

https://www.stereophile.com/news/11249/index.html

I believe I've been to that temple in Kyoto.  It was an amazing experience if it's the same one I visited a few years ago.  What an article.  I had no idea of the history.  I've always loved their cartridges.

• Like 1

I have a friend in Portland who makes one of the best DAC's I've heard and owned and that includes the top ones.  Steve has no succession plans and his designs are so jam packed, there isn't another tech I'd ever trust to fix it if broken.  I had to stop buying from him because of that.  I even sold his server that he sold me, but kept all the high Rez well recorded music.  Listening to his music right now as I type this.