Art not Music

Tomstruck

Did you ever buy a album just for the cover art not knowing the artist or music and being surprised that you like the music 

I purchased this album back when it was first released and I was in high school  just because I thought it looked COOL had no clue who he was or type of music 

did not care it was about the cover turns out I liked the music too  its synthesizer music  I have  even bought  more of his albums

So my question to everyone did you ever do the same and what album was it IMG_4947.thumb.jpg.b2b3a027b5a9017c5e9ceacfc90202b1.jpg

• Like 2

I have never purchased off the cover, but I have loved many covers.  As a kid, Sticky Fingers (Stones) was one of my favorites.  If I recall, I think the zipper was real.  I had a special recording from Japan.  I have my albums just sitting in a box in the closet now. I should go look to see what's there.  I really need to sell them. Not sure of the worth etc...

• Like 1

I kinda kick myself for literally dumping my LP's years ago.

I didn't have anything worth money, but, there were some that haven't been digitized, so I had to buy them again in order to have them converted to digital.

To be honest, there were just a few that need to be digitized.

B

On 4/10/2024 at 2:59 AM, Tomstruck said:

Did you ever buy a album just for the cover art not knowing the artist or music and being surprised that you like the music 

Got this for my eldest as I liked the cover.
She said, “Keep it, it is to “pop” sounding for me”…
I actually rather like the whole album, at least something like all but 1 or 2 of the songs on it.

IMG_1737.jpeg

• Thanks 1