What's the science behind having 2 drivers sharing the same cabinet space and working great!

Curious about my 2Ce Signature II speakers... How can two woofers work without interfering with each other?

Thanks for any insight.     (2Ce photo below from the site)

S1Model2CESig1200dpicopy.thumb.jpg.5b37d0c2068c1a16448bfcc9fa011cf3.jpg

• Like 1

I'll take a stab at it-

The 10" woofer is tuned lower by the mass weight on the cone. 

The polyfill soaks up a vast majority of the back wave of both woofers. 

Clearly, they can play deep in a room. 👍 

I repair vintage speakers and use a 30 hz tone to center voice coils. 

My Signatures can easily play the tone, whereas a lot of woofers installed in their cabinets just have some cone movement with nothing audible.  

50 minutes ago, DC-93 said:

I'll take a stab at it-

The 10" woofer is tuned lower by the mass weight on the cone. 

The polyfill soaks up a vast majority of the back wave of both woofers. 

Clearly, they can play deep in a room. 👍 

I repair vintage speakers and use a 30 hz tone to center voice coils. 

My Signatures can easily play the tone, whereas a lot of woofers installed in their cabinets just have some cone movement with nothing audible.  

Stab all you want but no comment!  I recommend you just enjoy the music.  RV

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

I’ll take a stab at it…..

With a 5” blade, sharpened at 14 degrees to a mirror finish on my ceramic stones. 😉.   I enjoyed my music while stabbing. 

On 4/19/2024 at 2:12 AM, Richard Vandersteen said:

It is generally easier to reverse engineer something than to create it in the first place.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Holmz said:

It is generally easier to reverse engineer something than to create it in the first place.

That is why China is poised to lead the EV car production. Elon trained them and then they found jobs at BYD.

B

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GdnrBob said:

That is why China is poised to lead the EV car production. Elon trained them and then they found jobs at BYD.

B

Elon garners some polarization, (p’rolly like a vandersteen speaker.)

I’m not sure he personally trained them, and also not sure he really cares about the IP.
The state of pollution there (From what the TV shows it as) seems like it rivals SoCal before the NOx reduction, so it is p’rolly a good thing in total for them to be doing EVs.)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Holmz said:

Elon garners some polarization, (p’rolly like a vandersteen speaker.)

I’m not sure he personally trained them, and also not sure he really cares about the IP.
The state of pollution there (From what the TV shows it as) seems like it rivals SoCal before the NOx reduction, so it is p’rolly a good thing in total for them to be doing EVs.)

A joke until we have a Carbon/NOx free electricity grid to charge them with!  RV

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 3:00 AM, Richard Vandersteen said:

A joke until we have a Carbon/NOx free electricity grid to charge them with!  RV

Two points:

1. Larger engines usually have a better brake specific fuel consumption… so assuming no losses on the grid it is better from a total enters perspective to centralise it.
  2. The larger facilities are typically running high boost and running lean, which also decreases NOx. And it is easier to have a larger catalytic converter if it does not need to be in a vehicle.

But yes, you are correct. 
    One still looks woke in a Prius or Tesla though, and social signalling is a thing.
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:49 AM, ctsooner said:

Great stuff. My only politics with my music is listening g to my politics of choice through my system. NPR AND Fox News both sound equal through the system. The tuner is an olde Luxman from the 70,s lol

I suppose Fox only comes out of the right channel? 😆

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BFW said:

From a “well to wheel” perspective battery electric vehicles produce less emissions than internal combustion vehicles.  BEVs are NOT zero emissions but significantly better than ICE vehicles.

From raw material to EV vehicle through recycled material after use energy, emissions and toxic waste EV vehicles have a more significant impact.  Where this pollution/waste is deposited or emitted is more portable. Our home and factory are solar including two Tesla batteries $$$$$$$$$$ at home and it is a real eyeopener how inefficient solar panels/batteries are as our system won't power our home from sundown to sunup!  Just did this (always investigating something interesting) so I would know what I'm talking about with experience.  RV    

• Like 1