Spade to banana plug adaptors

25 minutes ago, olds1959special said:

Frustrated with trying to connect my Vandersteen speakers to my Kenwood Trio L-05M mono blocks, I bought these. Do you think they will degrade sound quality?

It says:
The pins of the product are corrosion-resistant and can be used for a long time. Rust-resistant, high stability; the shell is made of metal, wear-resistant and firmly protected.”

To me that says “steel”, and I would avoid it.

Just solder on some some small rings, if you do not like the bare wire.
But if they sound good with the bare wire, then why not just call it “job complete”?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Holmz said:

It says:
The pins of the product are corrosion-resistant and can be used for a long time. Rust-resistant, high stability; the shell is made of metal, wear-resistant and firmly protected.”

To me that says “steel”, and I would avoid it.

Just solder on some some small rings, if you do not like the bare wire.
But if they sound good with the bare wire, then why not just call it “job complete”?

I think it said gold-plated copper.

I want to redo the cabling because although the bare wire works, I made a mess of the cables by cutting into the insulation of the red and black wires. Also, I like the cleanliness of banana plugs and ease of connecting. Finally, I would be shortening the cables by 3/4ths of a foot so maybe that will sound better?

Edited by olds1959special

Personally I’d give it a week.
Is it bad bright? Or just bright?

I am not sure what steel or other magnetic materials do, but I suspect that they could act like inductors… and then should (maybe) roll off the highs.

You other semi sensible options could include Blue Jeans, or maybe the Kimber 8TC or 12TC.
In the short length that you want.

I’d still give em a week before passing judgement.

Edited by Holmz

7 hours ago, Holmz said:

Personally I’d give it a week.
Is it bad bright? Or just bright?

I am not sure what steel or other magnetic materials do, but I suspect that they could act like inductors… and then should (maybe) roll off the highs.

You other semi sensible options could include Blue Jeans, or maybe the Kimber 8TC or 12TC.
In the short length that you want.

I’d still give em a week before passing judgement.

Definitely bad bright. I was disappointed in the sound quality, so I cut off the banana plug ends and rewired with bare wire.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ctsooner said:

Audioquest. Ales the best spades I’ve seen. They fit the Steens perfectly too. Why reinvent the wheel?

If I got the audio quest I would want to shorten it and my amps only take bare wire so I’d have to expose the wires on one end. Why would I pay $250 for a cable I’m going to butcher?

it sounds good again after ditching those adaptors.

Edited by olds1959special