Not new, but what an album

John Gallup

Pretty sure I had the vinyl back in the day, probably mono. In college you could raise cash by selling off your records for a buck or two apiece and I did that from time to time. Then there was a time when I took the remaining vinyl and made cassettes, which were all warbly and terrible-sounding but did remind me that the foghorns on "Into the Mystic" were cellos. That led to a whole reappreciation of Van Morrison which continues to this day, even though he's kind of a jerk these days. Then there was the CD era...a dark time.

Yes John, much has been written about Van’s I really don’t like people attitude. But, what a body of work he has created.   I have a good amount of the 40+ records he has made, and I find myself most frequently turning to Too Long In Exile.    I don’t think it was ever released on vinyl in the States; I picked up a UK copy some years back.  Great stuff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Edwards said:

I find myself most frequently turning to "Too Long In Exile."    I don’t think it was ever released on vinyl in the States

It's on Tidal in FLAC; listening now. Lotta fun stuff, duets w/John Lee Hooker etc. My preference is for his Celtic-mysticism period, but it's all good. 

Well, most of it.

• Like 1