Sutherland Little Loco problem

17 minutes ago, GdnrBob said:

Hmm, maybe I should put the LPS I bought years ago into my router.

B

I use one of these gizmos and I think it helps the sound quality. In theory it physically separates the ethernet cable going to your streamer from all the other junk in the system and "regenerates" the signal going to the streamer and DAC.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen

image.png.50c2831013f49c8584db726a9a817a32.png

On 1/19/2022 at 8:50 PM, John Gallup said:

I use one of these gizmos and I think it helps the sound quality. In theory it physically separates the ethernet cable going to your streamer from all the other junk in the system and "regenerates" the signal going to the streamer and DAC.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen

image.png.50c2831013f49c8584db726a9a817a32.png

I e heard it and it made a positive change. The most dramatic changes for me have been grounding unit Rutan sells as well as doing optical change deal (forget what they call that). 

• Like 1

I got lucky and found a spool of Audioquest Carbon ethernet cable, bought the Telegartner connectors and learned how to make my own cables. 

So, my Ethernet is now completely grounded from the Fios box. I guess I could try the Etherregen, but I would hope my anal cabling would make it moot.

I am on the fence regarding an 'Audiophile Ethernet Switch'.- Or, at least putting an LPS on my router. Since I am not working during the winter, I should give it a try.

As I mentioned earlier, I did buy an Innuos Reclocker. It was very apparent that it did enhance overall clarity of the sound. 

Bob

• Like 2