Hello everyone. 1st post here.

I was looking over the 2CE Sig 3 when I came upon the VLR CT on the website. Factor in stands for the VLR CT and the price between the two is virtually identical.  I understand the carbon tweeter is not cheap. So from the midrange on up is the VLR CT that much better?

My room is 13 by 26 so the 2CE sigs would work just fine but what about the VLR CT and a quality sub ( not a Vandy-at least not yet)

Of course proof is in the listening . Just looking for your thoughts on this

The Carbon Fiber tweeter is a big deal but a mini with a subwoofer will never be better integrated, more dynamic and have superior soundstage over a full range speaker.  You need to do a listen to see if the better tweeter off sets the significant improvement in integration, dynamics and sound stage of the 2Ce Sig III.  This is a personal choice that only the owner can make.

RV

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GdnrBob said:

Are you the guy on Audiogon?

If so, I was the one who responded.

Perhaps Mr. V. will respond with the most accurate answer.

Bob

-And, welcome to the Forum!

Yes and thanks!

12 hours ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

The Carbon Fiber tweeter is a big deal but a mini with a subwoofer will never be better integrated, more dynamic and have superior soundstage over a full range speaker.  You need to do a listen to see if the better tweeter off sets the significant improvement in integration, dynamics and sound stage of the 2Ce Sig III.  This is a personal choice that only the owner can make.

RV

Thanks Richard for the clarification. Will definitely give it a listen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Vandersteen said:

Great option as the Treo CT will dramatically outperform either option except possibly deep bass.  If bass issues develop you could always add a SUB THREE.  RV

Sounds like a plan

Edited by EJC

Welcome to the forums. Looks like you got your answer. The Treo CT is surely a special speaker and for my money the best in its price range. The tweeter is that special to many who have heard or own it, but there is something special about it all integrated into one package. Treo is the best of both worlds and adding the Sub 3 or even a pair bring the sound quality closer to the Quatro CT that many of use own and love. 

2 hours ago, EJC said:

Yes but I have my own dedicated room

Toying with the idea of going all out with the Treo CT

Having the 2C and an SO, I would bet that the Haus-Boss would prefer a Treo.

In a perfect world, I am not sure I would prefer a Treo… as having the 2C pulled out into the room seems stunningly good. Just the bass goes on walkabout when we do that.
But a 2C AND a sub, restores the bass, and is pretty good.

In a non-perfect world:

• It could be handy to have the speaker closer to the wall.
  • The looks can matter
  • The SO’s could care  

The Treo seems to deliver on those. (Plus I think it has the CT driver.)

However I do not have my own dedicated room - so ignore my ravings.

The Treo sits up against the wall and you can augment the bass by putting them close to the boundaries too like Rutan does. That’s not a set up for everyone, but it works in many rooms. The carbon tweeter gives you a strong glimps into the high end world. It’s an esoteric type of driver.  The Treo is much more refined than the new model 2 in many ways. I never lacked bass in my room, but many want more and more bass. The coherency of the Treo is very special. That said, at the price the new model 2 is also a  great value. I just think if he can stretch to The Treo, he’s close to the Quatro if he ever wants to up grade by adding one or two Sub 3’s. Again, he’ll audition and figure it out. OP, where do you live? 

9 minutes ago, ctsooner said:

OP, where do you live? 

I'm on Long Island.

I have a Belles Aria Signature integrated on order with John at Audio Connection. I know he has them there on display

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EJC said:

I'm on Long Island.

I have a Belles Aria Signature integrated on order with John at Audio Connection. I know he has them there on display

Nice. I recently received a Belles Aria Sig preamp from Johnny, and it is very very  nice. I’m sure you will enjoy the integrated. 👍🏼