Starting point for Treo CT's amp and placement

Hoping to save time without spending many weekends tweeking.  I just ordered Treo CT's to replace Amphion 7LS's for my lake house's family room.  50% of the wall area in the room is glass, the ceiling is 9ft. where the speakers will sit increasing to 16ft. at the far end. The Amphions would not image well in the room, having only a narrow center image without width or depth,  they also lacked in the upper midrange as well as some detail in the treble. I spent 5 months tweeking without good results. Finally my wife hated how far from the wall they needed to be.

I choose the Treo CT's because the dealer had them in a listening room 10 inches from the backwall for another customer that had to have a speaker that played well close to the wall. I demo's all type of music and I loved the detail,  image and bass while knowing my wife would be happy with placement.

1.) Will the Treo's have bass issues with the downfiring port being close to the wall with all the glass? (the Amphions had rear passive radiators they did not at all work close)

2.) The list of amps that I own and would be willing use there are either a NAD M33 intergrated, Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Integrated, or a Parasound Halo P3 with Halo A23 seperates. Opionions which  amp should I try first that would pairs well with the Treo's?  Does someone have experance with any of these amps and theTreo's?

90% of the music will be Tidal or Pandora  because my wife and two adult daughters will be using the system a lot, so they like and need simple, while I'm hoping for great sound understanding it's a going to be like my main system at home. Thank you.

4 hours ago, chris1625 said:

…

1.) Will the Treo's have bass issues with the downfiring port being close to the wall with all the glass? (the Amphions had rear passive radiators they did not at all work close)

2.) The list of amps that I own and would be willing use there are either a NAD M33 intergrated, Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Integrated, or a Parasound Halo P3 with Halo A23 seperates. Opionions which  amp should I try first that would pairs well with the Treo's?  Does someone have experance with any of these amps and theTreo's?

90% of the music will be Tidal or Pandora  because my wife and two adult daughters will be using the system a lot, so they like and need simple, while I'm hoping for great sound understanding it's a going to be like my main system at home. Thank you.

I have a Lyngdorf AVR, but the box is still closed up… (Just arrived back in town)
So I would go straight to the TDAI as that should help with the bass.
(I think it does room correction up to a few hundred Hz.)

Treos are also cheaper than a lawyer or a home decorator/designer… so it is probably the best move.
(My ol 2C like being in the room more, and the Mrs does not abide that.)

A picture of the room would be nice to see.
Personally I would probably have those speakers on the glass wall.
It will not be great for sound, but it will be pretty relaxing looking out the window while the music is playing. 
Since you’re a bit out numbered, you will probably need to defer to the lady folk… either voluntarily or by force.

If there was a TV on a wheeled stand it might be able to go in front of the window in the evenings, and the curtains would likely be closed.
Or shove the speakers on either side of the TV (If you are using one, and if it is on the wall opposite the glass)
The TV can sound amazingly good with just a 2.1 system.

Basically I would start out going for some domestic bliss.

Where is this lake house at?

Edited by Holmz

8 hours ago, chris1625 said:

Hoping to save time without spending many weekends tweeking.  I just ordered Treo CT's to replace Amphion 7LS's for my lake house's family room.  50% of the wall area in the room is glass, the ceiling is 9ft. where the speakers will sit increasing to 16ft. at the far end. The Amphions would not image well in the room, having only a narrow center image without width or depth,  they also lacked in the upper midrange as well as some detail in the treble. I spent 5 months tweeking without good results. Finally my wife hated how far from the wall they needed to be.

I choose the Treo CT's because the dealer had them in a listening room 10 inches from the backwall for another customer that had to have a speaker that played well close to the wall. I demo's all type of music and I loved the detail,  image and bass while knowing my wife would be happy with placement.

Down firing port doesn't care what is around it as the Treo CT is designed to be an esthetic solution.   Lyngdorf is class "D" so I would try the NAD or Parasound especially because your source will be digital.  RV

Good move on Treo ! They image super well tucked in tight. Can you spot the Treo  CT in this photo ?
14” from rear of speaker to wall. I would start w Parasound. Biwire also ! Best to you and welcome to the forum.

On setup, just follow the manual and you shouldn’t need endless tweaking and leave grills on !

Jim

7A9EF99E-F867-417E-B3B7-B9BC88925109.jpeg

• Like 1